Tuesday, 6 June 2017

REVIEW: RIMMEL LONDON VITAMIN C BOOST MAKEUP ESSENTIALS

There has been a lot of hype around Rimmel's Vitamin C Foundation and Concealer range and I was super excited to have these land on my desk for review. As a mum and working full-time, being and looking fatigued is a regular part in my life. Hallelujah I say, to products that would fade the fatigue away! I also received the #Insta Fix & Go 2 in 1 setting spray, which is a first for me as I have never used a setting spray before.



Wake Me Up - Anti-Fatigue - Skin Brightening Foundation - RRP $19.95
The texture of this foundation is quite thick and creamy and has a shimmer appearance. With vitamin C and radiance pearls, it instantly brightens, evens skin tone and reduces dullness, revealing a radiant, healthy-looking glow. 

On application I thought the colour I selected was a little too dark but once I had applied the foundation it blended in nicely and was a perfect match. The foundation has a lightweight feel and is very to blend. I was a bit concerned over the shimmer appearance on my skin but I found that it was more obvious in my bathroom than it was outside in natural lighting.


I applied the concealer and foundation on the right side of my face only.  This was to see the level of coverage.  As you can see my eye and skin look fresher and definitely awake! My skin appeared smoother and more radiant.   With the added Vitamin C, I know that my skin will reap the rewards to repair and protect my skin from sun damage and premature ageing. This foundation is definitely a keeper!

The foundation comes in six shades - Ivory, True Ivory, Soft Beige, Classic Beige, True Nude and Natural Beige. 


Wake Me Anti-Fatigue Concealer Skin Brightening Concealer - RRP $14.95
I love my concealers. I have a makeup drawer section dedicated to concealers. This concealer has a creamy texture. It is blendable and doesn't sit within the line creases. It perfectly covered up my spots and blemishes.  Also containing Vitamin C, it's perfect for brightening the area around the eyes and hide any evidence of tiredness or late nights.

This anti-fatigue concealer has covered up my dark circles as well as the redness on my cheeks extremely well. Due to my slightly enlarged pores on the side of my nose and inner cheeks, concealers usually sits inside them. I did not find this with the Rimmel concealer, so I would have to say this is my favourite concealer right now!


#Insta Fix & Go 2 In 1 Primer and Setting Spray - RRP $13.95
I love products that multi-task, especially when they smell so good! This 2-in-1 primer and setting spray can be applied underneath makeup to work as a primer, or on top to lock makeup in. It's quick-drying and doesn’t leave skin feeling sticky or tight. It's formula is oil-free and contains cucumber extract to help keep skin fresh all day long.


The #Insta Fix & Go was enjoyable to use.  It's very refreshing on the skin and also works well as a hydrating mist. I have kept this in my drawer at work and use it throughout the day as the air-co usually leaves my skin feeling dehydrated.  I love that my makeup stays put as usually when I use a hydrating mist, by the end of the day my makeup has disappeared.

Overall, I have love these three items and am really impressed by the quality of products Rimmel are offering.  I usually use around 4-5 concealer and foundation products every day for eyes and face and in this instance I have only used the two (as seen in my photo) and I have achieved the same if not better results.

Have you used any of these products?  I would love to know your thoughts.



Rimmel London Vitamin C range and #Insta Fix & Go are available from from Priceline, Priceline Pharmacy, Chemist Warehouse, Target, Kmart, BIG W, selected pharmacies and selected Coles and Woolworths. For stockists please call 1800 812 663. For more info check out au.rimmellondon.com.



Samples were provided for editorial consideration

1 comment:

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!