Monday, 13 March 2017

REVIEW: ULTRACEUTICALS RVR90 SKINCARE CHALLENGE - A CRUELTY FREE COMPANY


Late last year, I attended an Ultraceuticals event with special guest Ultraceuticals founder and director Dr Geoffrey Heber. We were given an insight into the brand and the reason and science behind it's development.


About the Brand
Ultraceuticals is a high-end cosmeceutical line. Being 100% Australian owned and made means it is easier to quality control the ingredients used in their products as well as using high levels of active ingredients to provide the most effective products available without the need of a prescription.

Ultraceuticals products do not contain harsh chemicals, like propylene glycol, parabens, synthetic dyes or synthetic fragrances. They are also 100% Cruelty Free, meaning they do not test on animals! They believe that we can all achieve healthy radiant skin but it can only be done if we use effective skincare that is suitable for our needs.

So, they created the RVR90 Challenge. RVR90 stands for Real Visible Results in 90 days. Ultraceuticals believe that using their at home products in addition to regular treatments you can see real results in 90 days. 


My Background
If you have been following my blog you would be familiar with the amount of times I have mentioned that I suffer from rosacea.  A few years ago I have a severe allergic skin reaction to a product I was using which made my skin sensitive to almost anything I put on it as well as worsening the redness in my skin.  

With prescribed skin ointments and special care, it has taken me almost two years to get my skin under control from random inflammation, irritation and itchiness.  The downside to using hydracortisone medication for long periods is that it damages the melanin in the skin as well as weakening the elastin, which results in premature sagging.  

Skincare with ingredients that were active was making my skin reactive.  It was very limiting especially when the changes in my skin we obvious - loss of firmness around the cheeks and jaw-line.

I had read that Vitamin C and A in skincare improves skin firmness by repairing the collagen.  As Vitamin C & A are active ingredients I was hesitant to give them a go.  Visiting several beauty salons for advice on Vitamin C & A products I always walked away a little deflated in the advice I was given as the consultants seemed more interested in flogging products to me rather than being concerned about my skin.

At the Ultraceuticals event we were gifted the Ultra C10+ Firming Serum. I honestly didn't open the product until I had visited a skin expert at the Ultraceuticals counter in David Jones Sydney.  I was scared to try the product as I did not know how my skin would react.


The Journey
I was invited to receive a consultation and treatment with Tracey Beeby - Global Education Ambassador. I felt completely comfortable with Tracey.  She was amazing and explained all my skin issues and how she was going to treatment them.  It is the first time I felt that my skin was the main focus and my entire skincare routine reviewed.

Skin diagnosis is performed.  Skin is looked at in different lights - standard, red areas, polarised and brown spots. This is what determines the best way to treat my skin.  To heal and better my skin, I was ready for the 90 day challenge. 


Images taken before the treatment show redness, irritation, congestion and inflammation.




Tracey recommended the Vita-REPAIR facial - part of the Signature Facials Service .  This deeply cleanses pores to clear congestion and calm irritation.

All Ultraceuticals treatments include the UltraSonophoresis (Infusion) technology. UltraSonophoresis is a low frequency ultrasound device.  It has a low high pitched sound that is and softly vibrates as it passes over the skin.  By using this it increases transdermal penetration of the ingredients applied to your skin by up to 1,000 when compared to other application methods.  It feels weird b relaxing at the same time.

My skin felt and looked amazing.  It was visible that the irritation my skin was experiencing had already calmed down.  With my complexion further improving throughout the week.

I was given a set of products to replace my current skincare regime and instructions on how to use them.  I was advised to slowly introduce Vitamin C into my skincare regime by applying every third day, then every second day to the now everyday.  The Vitamin A was not introduced into my skincare regime until the second month.  I followed instructions exactly and introduced the serums as directed for three months.

During the three months I had 4 Vita-REPAIR facials. My skin continued to improve with no flare-ups, irritations or medications needed.  

Here is an image of me pre-facial. As you can see my skin looks smooth, calm with most of the congestion gone. 




The Products


Ultra Clear Foaming Cleanser - I use this every morning and night.  It helps regulate excess sebum production by removing dirt, debris, make-up and excess surface sebum to aid in the prevention of clogged pores to leave skin refreshed.

Ultra C10+ Firming Serum - is 10% pure vitamin C as well as powerful peptides MicroElastin and Micro Collagen to achieve firmer, younger looking skin.  Vitamin C tackles existing problems as well as prevent new ones.  This serum is different to other serums I have used.  It's lightweight and almost transparent with a yellow tint. Fully absorbs into the skin without any residue or sticky feeling.



Ultra UV Protective Daily Moisturiser SPF 30 (Mattifying) - This daily moisturiser is lightweight. Suitable for normal to oily skin. I am extremely surprised how absorbent and lightweight this moisturiser feels on the skin since it contains SPF. I never wore sunscreen before due to the feeling it gave my skin. I dislike the heavy, thick feeling on my face. I feel like I need to wash my face every hour when I try to wear sunblock.

Ultra A Skin Perfecting Serum (Mild) - This serum is formulated to support the skin’s own production of hyaluronic acid by plumping the skin to dramatically improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.  Vitamin A helps refine and improve the appearance of skin clarity, texture, hyper-pigmentation and imperfections.  Use as directed. I introduced this serum slowly into my skin regime due to my skin sensitivity.

Ultra Hydrating Lotion - I use this lotion in the evening. This lotion is lightweight and thinner than the moisturiser. It is also non-greasy and absorbs immediately into the skin, leaving my skin feel soft and smooth. suitable for sensitive and oily skin.


Ultra Red-Action Moisturiser - I use this in the evening as well alternating between the Ultra Hydrating Lotion.  The texture and consistency felt exactly the same and the lotion.  It targets the visible appearance of facial redness and rosacea. 



The Results
This is the first Summer in 3 years that I haven't reached for any anti-inflammatory tablets, steroidal creams or an ice pack. Reflecting back on how I was managing my skin made me a tad emotional. Not realising the skincare products I had been using made my skin worse and I was treating it with medication, I was in a vicious cycle with the only thing I could see was my skin condition and quality declining year after year.

In the market there are products that temporary fix skin concerns and then there are products that resolve skin concerns and maintain the condition afterwards. What I have learnt from this experience is sometimes you need to find the root of the problem to it.

I am eternally grateful to Adrian and Tracey from Ultraceuticals. It all started with an invitation to their event. Without my exposure to this brand, I would still be battling my skin concerns.

My skin issues was my number one stress contributor and now I no longer obsess about my appearance as much when leaving the house and am more confident going out makeup free.

Treatments start from $150. Depending on what your concerns are, treatments are recommended from every 2 weeks to every 6 weeks.

Ultraceuticals is available through selected David Jones and beauty salons. For more information visit their website for more information






Disclaimer
Products and treatments provided during the RVR90 days challenge were all done under no obligation of a review.  I was so impressed by the results from the first day of treatment I decided to feature this brand and share my story as I know there are many girls out there with the same skin concerns as me.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

1 comment:

  1. Your skin looks amazing. Is this is suitable for any age? Thanks for the review.

    Anabel x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!