REVIEW: OPI NAIL POLISH COLLECTION COLLABORATIONS

OPI perfected the art of giving their nail polishes cheeky and catchy names as well as having one of the largest selection of nail colours available worldwide.  Added to their success is, OPI being the first brand to collab with films and celebrities. 

Image Source - OPI


OPI’s seasonal collections are always destination-based from cities around the world with inspiration drawn from people on the streets and their culture.  Fashion is also a major factor when it comes to creating new lacquers. Inspiration is drawn by runway trends, colour palettes, textures. food, music, movies, and more.


COLLABORATIONS
Their celebrity collections are usually named after the person - where they become involved in putting a collection together that represents their work and personality as well as colours they would wear themselves.

OPI's film collections are created by colours inspired by the movie theme. 

I think this is the reason why OPI is hugely successful all over the world. Creating quirky names, limited editions and special collections make them so much more desirable.

I have two collection packs that I would love to share and swatch. I'm not the best at painting nails but considering I think they look pretty good!



Washington DC Collection

American actress Kerry Washington has come together to create a collection with names inspired by the America's capital city.  There are 12 gorgeous colours in the collection.



I have a gift-set which features mini-versions of four shades.


We the Female This is a gorgeous colour. It is a deep red/pinky colour, definitely a unique shade. I don't think I have a nail colour in my collection that is remotely similar to this.


Pale to the Chief  This is my favourite shade. I love nude nails but it is difficult to find the right nude to complement my skin colour.  This shade is so sexy on the nails giving that beautiful manicured look. The colour looks brighter in the bottle than it does on the nails.


CIA = Color is Awesome is a dark teal shade. This feels like a winter colour and would uplift a dreary Winters day.


Never a Dulles Moment is a warm, creamy yellow. First time wearing yellow. It's a colour that I am not usually drawn to but was surprised how nice it looked on the nails. Except for the little dent I did whilst taking a photo!





Breakfast At Tiffany's Collection

The 1960's film Breakfast at Tiffany's, is a romantic comedy that has become one of the greatest movies ever made.  A movie that will be seen by generations for generations.  It was only fitting for OPI to put together a collection to represent the iconic film which includes the Tiffany blue!

There are 6 shades (in Infinite Shine) in the Breakfast at Tiffany’s set. 


I have a gift-set which features 1 of the 6 shades as well as a primer and gloss.


I Believe in Manicures is a light blue colour similar to the Tiffany blue but isn't exactly the colour due to it being trademarked by Tiffany & Co. But it is still very pretty.


Do you love celebrity collabs with beauty brands?  I want to know what's your favourite as well as your favourite OPI collab.


OPI products are available nationwide from leading beauty salons, David Jones, Myer and cosmetic boutiques.  For further information on the brand and their range click here.





Products were sent for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. The OPI collaborations are really fun! Aside from the beautiful colors, the names are so creative too!

    Abby | My Hair Care

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!