Wednesday, 4 January 2017

BRAND FOCUS: ROSEHIP PLUS ORGANIC SKINCARE


Rosehip PLUS have made a fairly big mark in the industry with their high quality ingredients as well as winning numerous awards - Nature and Health Natural Beauty Awards 2015 & 2016, Beautyheaven Glosscars Awards 2016 and recently a runner up in Beautyheaven's Best in Beauty Awards for their Rosehip Oil Skin Boost Roll-On ' Best Skin Tone Corrector' for 2016 – all voted by the public.

So when I received a range of their goodies, I was super excited to try them. The entire Rosehip PLUS range contains NO parabens, sulphates, artificial colours, fragrances, petrochemicals or preservatives and are Certified Organic.




When it comes to oils, it is really important that they are 100% raw, cold-pressed and high-quality. Raw, cold-pressed oils maintain all of the antioxidants, nutrients, and everything that is beneficial to the skin, compared to oils that have been heat-processed. The heat-processing destroys many of the enzymes in oils and botanical extracts, leaving you with a lesser quality product that will do little for the skin, if anything it can do the opposite like irritate the skin and clog pores.  

It can also work the other way around 100% natural can also be bad for the skin. Depending on the ingredient and what it is used for makes all the difference, that is why so much research and work is put in developing a quality product. 

There are currently quite a few brands on the market that sell rosehip oil but only a small handful, I can say actually work well on my skin and smell good and not like fatty oil.


RoseHip Oil
Rosehip Plus Rosehip Oil is cold-pressed, rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and essential fatty acids. Rosehip oil aids in reducing inflammation, heal and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.


This oil isn't as heavy as other rosehip oils I’ve tried in the past, which proves my point in the quality. It works well to penetrate the skin to hydrate and protect, relieve any dry patches and give the skin a natural glow which you wake up with the next morning.

Rosehip PLUS Oil

It is a lighter, not only in colour and fragrance but also in texture and feel.


During the warmer months my skin does change. I have a more of a combination skin compared to winter, where as my skin is a lot more drier. So instead of using both moisturiser and rosehip oil together, I alternate between the two - one night I use the moisturiser and the next I only apply rosehip oil.

Rosehip Oil also comes in three sizes: 30 ml, 50ml and 15ml Skin Boost Roll-on.


The roller ball is handy to apply to specific spots, like scars, spots and dry patches.  It is perfect to pop in your handbag. I keep mine at work and use it on my cuticles. My cuticles are often dry and if I do not moisturise them, I tend to pick at them. 



Daily Cream Cleanser
This cleanser is creamy and claims to be suitable for all skin types.  It contains a range of certified organic oils and natural extracts renowned for their high vitamin content and skin benefits. These ingredients include aloe vera, chamomile flower extract, and jojoba, coconut, sea buckthorn and rosehip oils.


I'm not a fan of this cleanser, only because I prefer foam and gel cleansers.  Even though my skin felt soft and clean, I did not get that fresh clean feeling. The cleanser is quite a thick and creamy consistency. My skin felt a little greasy after use, which is probably normal but I like having that squeaky clean fresh feel on my skin. I know it is not good as my oils are being stripped away but I prefer that feeling.




Hydrating Day Cream
The day cream contains extracts of the seeds of the Rosehip fruit, it supports and encourages a healthier looking skin.  It also contains a host of other natural ingredients like Chamomile, Avocado Oil, Cocoa Seed Butter, Jojoba Seed Oil, Shea Butter and many more. 


The day cream comes in a squeezable tube.  It's has a lovely consistency that’s neither too light or too heavy, exactly the way I like it.  The fragrance is subtle and pleasant. My skin absorbs the moisturiser almost immediately with no greasy residue. It works well with makeup and sunblock. I didn't experience any makeup movement or shininess throughout the day.  This product is something I will feel safe using on my son's face during the Winter as he is prone to dry and irritated cheeks.


Nourishing Night Cream
This night cream comes in a pump bottle for easy and hygienic use. The texture is light, similar to the day cream.  It absorbs really well leaving my skin soft and supple.  In the morning my skin feels smooth and hydrated.



RosehipPLUS Organic Nourishing Night Cream hydrates by delivering the goodness of rosehip extract to your skin. The ultra hydration is needed to stay firm, nourished and youthful. 

For optimum results, it is recommended to use Rosehip Plus Rosehip Oil before the night cream. I personally would do this in Winter when my skin is a lot drier, I find my skin produces more oil during the warmer months but this is different for each person - depending on your skin type and condition.


Pricing
Rosehip PLUS 30ml Rosehip Oil - $19.95
50ml Rosehip Oil - $29.95
15ml Skin Boost Roll On - $14.95
Hydrating Day Cream - $19.95
Nourishing Night Cream - $29.95


RosehipPLUS is available from their website, Chemist Warehouse and other stockists you can find here.





These products were sent for editorial consideration

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoying using another brand of Rose Hip Oil and this one sounds like something I need to try! I prefer to use face oils in my evening skincare regiment rather than day time, like you, produce more oils then. I still think you would use face oils all year around, but just considering the consistency and types. Thanks for writing this review!

    Caryl x :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback. I totally agree, I believe the rosehip oil should be used throughout the year,that way your skin condition remains consistent even through weather changes!

      Delete

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!