Friday, 23 December 2016

REVIEW: SCULPSURE - A NON-INVASIVE WEIGHT-LOSS TREATMENT



In August I attended the launch for Cynosure.  Together with research company McCrindle, Cynosure provided an insight on what women’s attitudes, perceptions & behaviours towards their body image. It was really informative and interesting to say the least! 

Market/consumer research on women's body image was done between all the generations of women and the results were astounding with the differences between generations.  Below are two examples of women's perception of themselves as well as what is most important to them.

Life Impact by Generation



Generational views on excess body fat


More than half of responses were opened to an alternative way of achieving the body they want.



Cynosure is a manufacturer of a wide range of aesthetic and medical systems. With their products providing a diverse range of treatment applications such as hair removal and skin revitalisation, fat reduction and body contouring was their main focus today.

Cynosure showcased a revolutionary non-invasive treatment in fat reduction machine called SculpSure. It is the world’s first FDA-cleared laser treatment for non-invasive lipolysis of the flanks and abdomen. It’s controlled light-based technology is ideal for men and women looking to get rid of stubborn fat.  


So what does that all mean?

FDA -Food and Drug Administration is a federal agency of the United States and they examine, test and approve a wide range of items for medical use, including drugs and medical appliances. FDA-cleared means that the FDA has decided the benefits of the approved item outweigh the potential risks for the item’s planned use.

I was certainly interested in knowing more and trialling this as I have been hiding a baby belly for a while now and haven't been able to shift my son's old home.  I was also a little sceptic as there are numerous treatments that claim to reduce fat but results are inconclusive.  I also wanted see if a girl my size would get results as usually treatments are promoted with females with little or no fat at all. So I have documented my journey to find out if results really can be achieved.

SculpSure is the only clinically proven and effective treatment designed to reduce fat by non-invasively disrupting subcutaneous fat cells.  SculpSure uses a 1060m laser, which can treat an anatomical area in 25 minutes, without any downtime surgery.  Results can be seen in 6 weeks after treatment.

SculpSure is ideal for treating stubborn hard to shift fatty layers on the flanks (love handles), stomach and legs. 

This trial was over a 3 month period.


25 August - Initial Treatment


At Cynosure HQ, the lovely technician, Roxanne, took me through the entire process and what to expect. Photos of my problem area were taken. I felt a little shy and somewhat embarrassed as I have been hiding my baby belly for a few years now and hated the look of it.


Combined with hormonal issues and childbirth, my body has transformed into an unsightly blump. Along with starting an exercise regime and diet overhaul, I know I need a little help to assist reducing the fatty rolls on my belly and abdomen which has been difficult to shift.

As much as I dislike taking photos and posting them on my blog of myself especially personal areas, I find extremely uncomfortable, but I am the perfect candidate for results to be seen and I want to share this with my readers as well as my weight loss journey.

There are many varieties of templates used for the treatment, depending on what area you want treated.

  




The templates are positioned on my upper and lower abdomen, this is to click in and secure each of the applicators so they have a direct contact to my skin. 


During the first couple of minutes a wave of ultra cooling sensation was felt followed by gradual warmth with a tingling sensation, with the temperature getting warmer and sensation stronger for a minute and then reducing.  This went on for 25 minutes. Depending on your threshold it can be turned up or down.  In certain parts of my stomach I was able to tolerate a higher frequency and other parts I could only bear the minimum.  I think it depends on the amount of fat that gets heated up.

It can be a little uncomfortable but once you find a setting that is suitable for you, you can relax and let the machine do it's work.

Lower Abdomen

Upper Abdomen

I was given a chart to gauge the sensation and ensure it sits within the effective stage.




Post Treatment
My skin on the abdomen felt slightly tender.  I'd compare it to slight sunburn feeling with a bruise. Following the treatment it is important to massage the area 10 minutes twice a day.  I personally didn't do that for the first few days as I was too uncomfortable to touch but did commence around the 4th day.

Around the 5th week I could feel little lumps on my abdomen which felt really weird and concentrated on massaging them.  It is normal as these are the damaged fat cells which eventually would breakdown and dissolve.




21 October - Follow-up & 2nd Treatment

During my second appointment Roxanne reviewed my abdomen and taken photos for comparison. 

We sat down and compared the photos and there was a slight difference more on the upper abdomen than the lower.  Not really visible in photos but I can tell as my clothes fit a little better around my waist.


A second treatment followed.  I felt more comfortable this time round as I knew what to expect. I was able to tolerate the frequency level a lot more and go higher.

I also had double the treatment concentrating on both upper and lower abdomen at the same time.  It was much more intense.


Post Treatment
During the last 5 weeks, I began to see a noticeable difference in my abdomen.  The skin was more floppy due to the reduction in fat as well as a lot more lumpier than the first treatment, which is a good thing!  I've been working really hard to ensure that I massage every morning and evening to get the best outcome.  I found my clothes sitting nicer and not hugging my waist so much. I found bending over a lot easier as my stomach was not in the way.


9 December - Final follow-up
Today was D day! I was excited and nervous to see the photo comparisons as I knew there was a significant difference just by the way I was feeling.  I will let you decide withe the photos.

It has taken a lot of courage for me to put these images here, post-pregnancy stretchmarks and all.



Before                                                  After

I no longer have my lower abdomen hanging over my underwear.

Before                                                        After

Before                                                     After

SculpSure is no quick fix to weight loss or fat reduction. Due to it being non-invasive it takes up to 6 weeks to see results as our body rids of the fat waste via our lymphatic system. 

Depending on the amount of fat you have will depend on your outcome. For someone who is already slim with small problem areas will see a more fat reduction result in the first treatment than someone my size with a larger percentage of body fat. Multiple treatments may be required to achieve desired results.

I know I cannot rely solely on this treatment to aid me in my weight loss journey.  In conjunction to this treatment I also ate healthier and increased my fitness.  As I lost some weight all over my body, the fat around my abdomen did not budge nor did it decrease thus the reason in wanting to be part of this trial.

If you have any questions regarding my experience please comment below.  I would love to know what you think.

For more information and your nearest centre on SculpSure visit www.sculpsure.com.au.





I would like to thank Platinum MC for providing me with the opportunity to trial & review.  My experience has been positive throughout the trial.  If I believe that this treatment did not work I would not publish this review. All my thoughts and opinions remain my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!