Sunday, 4 December 2016

EVENT: BOBBI BROWN MAKEUP MASTERCLASS WITH AMY CONWAY WITH SWATCHES

Image Courtesy of Bobbi Brown

I  recently attended the Bobbi Brown Makeup Masterclass featuring special guest, International PRO Artist Amy Conway.  The workshops were held in Myer and David Jones Sydney and went for two hours.


An intimate group of eight, Amy demonstrated on her model, simple techniques to achieve a flawless look .  With a large selection of products to play with we also had our own dedicated MUA to assist us with any questions and applications.




Amy shared her passions and successes in life, showcasing the latest collection as well as providing tips and tricks to help us achieve a flawless look.

Starting with the basics, a cleansed, refreshed and moisturised face is the most important step in your beauty regime as this is the foundation we build our face on.

Apart from the concealers, my favourite product would be the Long-wear Even Finish Foundation. I cannot begin to tell you how amazing it felt on my skin. The coverage was really good, my skin was even-toned throughout and I only applied a thin layer on my skin blending with a brush and my fingers. I felt as if I wasn't wearing any foundation at all. 

I love this Long-Wear Eye Base primer. Evens skin tone and helps keep eye shadow crease-free and colour true.


Long-Wear Eye Base in Medium - RRP $46



The Long-wear Even Finish Foundation SPF15 is one of the best foundations I have used on my skin. I don't normally wear a lot of foundation especially with SPF as I find them slightly heavy on the skin but this particular one was so light and settled nicely on the skin.


Long-wear Even Finish Foundation SPF15 - RRP $72


The Skin Weightless Powder Foundation was also a surprisingly great product for me.  I don't use powder much because I find it usually enhances the appearance of those pesky white facial hairs, but I did not find that this was the case with the BB powder foundation. The texture was so silky and smooth it made blending easy. 

Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in No. 4 - RRP $72

The colour was so perfect you can barely see the swatch. 



There were several colour palettes to choose from and I gravitated to Cool Dusk palette. The faux-gold palette includes a large mirror and dual-ended eye shadow/eye liner brush. These colours blended nicely and the texture was so creamy. The colour in the middle is a shimmer lilac, a colour I've never tried before until that day, blended so nicely and complimented the colours on either side.

Basic Warm Eye Palette RRP $89

Palette includes light, medium and dark matte shades plus two shades in shimmer.




My MUA suggested blush. I have a love-hate relationship with blush.  I tend to stay away from blushes because I am already quite rosy. I had no idea that my rosy cheeks could be toned down with blush and look way more flattering. The colour that was used on me was 'Nude Peach Blush'.

Blush Pastel Peach RRP $46

Amy 's tip to achieve the perfect natural blush - start by using a lighter tone of blush and apply (whilst smiling) onto the apples of your cheeks, brushing backwards towards the hair line. To build on it and make it brighter, add a darker tone of blush over the top more towards the hair line, to give a more natural look and not overdone.

A list of all the products I used were written down by my MUA for me to take away.   I loved the masterclass and enjoyed it so much that I barely took any photos and the ones I did take didn't turn out very well including one of all the products used.

The masterclass was aimed at not to change how we look, or how many products we needed to buy, but how to actually enhance our natural features, something I found very refreshing.

The 2-hour Masterclass fee was $150, redeemable on any products.  Also, all attendees received a lovely goodie bag with the following products.


If workshop events aren't running, you can also book in a one-on-one by visiting any Bobbi Brown boutique or concession counter in Myer or David Jones Australia-wide. Alternatively, if you prefer a tutorial in the comfort of your home check out www.bobbibrown.com.au for how-to videos.

To find out more about Bobbi Brown products, events or workshops visit their website here.



I attended the workshop as a guest

4 comments:

  1. My husband bought me a set of the Bobbi Brown brushes a few years ago now and I just think they're such good quality. Their blushes are also so pretty! Trangles xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they. They wash well too. x

      Delete
  2. Wow! That sounds like a great event! I love how you basically get your fee back in products :) The eyeshadow palette has a beautiful selection of colors :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure does, They have so many beautiful palettes it was hard to choose.

      Delete

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!