Wednesday, 16 November 2016

REVIEW: RIMMEL SCANDALEYES RELOADED MASCARA & EYELINER


Rimmel have smashed it again with their latest releases - Scandaleyes Reloaded Mascara and Eyeliner collection.  They know how to bring all the cool girls into the yard!


Scandaleyes Reloaded Mascara
I own around 15 mascara's and out of those I actively use 9 of them. Ranging from different colours to black and subtle to dramatic lash effect. I do discard my mascaras every 6-8 weeks, I guess more so because I get so many and for me to provide an honest and detailed review I need to be using the mascara on a regular basis.



Rimmel London is one of my fave brands when it comes to mascaras, they are on point with price as well produce some pretty goody mascaras.

Rimmel's latest patent-pending mascara formula is supposed to be smudge-proof, sweat-proof, flake-proof and humidity-proof thanks to a wax grafted polymer. Now this is an exciting breakthrough!


It also promises to be buildable, ability to layer up to 11 times to give volume and without looking heavy and clumpy .

The two things I look for when it comes to mascara is that it must be 1 - flake and smudge free. I tend to touch my face and eyes a lot during the day especially when I'm stuck in front of a computer for long periods. 2 - Easy to wash off without losing eyelashes, usually you cannot get these two in the one mascara.

The wand is a cross between a classic and tapered. It has the thickness of a classic brush (which is required if you want to build volume and length) and tapered end to help you reach those small lashes towards the inner corner of the eye as well as the larger end of the wand concentrating formula on the outer lashes to create a dramatic look.


So, when Rimmel released a mascara that ticks all the boxes, my real concern was if it was easy to wash off, does it mean it will run, flake or even smudge on a hot day?  

I have been using the mascara for two weeks and I am happy to report that no smudging or flaking occurred and we had some humid days too.  I only apply two coats as I think this is perfect for work. I would layer more coats if I was going out.  There is also no scrunchy lashes which means if I want to layer more throughout the day I can without it going clumpy.


As for removing the mascara, (woot woot) it comes off with warm water and without too much effort either which is super kind to my eyes as I am a contact lense wearer.


Precision Micro Eyeliner
Liquid and gel liners are a fairly new thing for me.  I used to be so dead against them as it was always a recipe for  eye disaster.  I could never master it, always looking like a complete mess as if I was in a boxing ring with the liner and the liner winning each round.



I was sent two, assuming one was the Thick and Thin and the other Micro, but both were micro so I can only comment on one of them.

The Precision Micro is a fine, traditional tip for thin lines and wings. The colour has an intense black pigment which is really nice. It glides on easily with no tugging on the skin. The mistake I never learn is to correct any mistakes immediately as it sets pretty quick.



After a long day at work my eye make stayed put, there was no movement or smudge. Just as perfect as when I left in the morning. I have to say I am quite surprised as how much I like this liner. It is quite flattering on the eye.


Overall, Rimmel have produced two more fabulous products to add to their extensive range.


Rimmel Prices

Scandaleyes Reloaded Mascara - RRP: $17.95 
Scandaleyes Thick & Thin Eyeliner - RRP: $12.95 
Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner - RRP: $12.95 

Available from Priceline and select supermarkets and pharmacies. For more information check out Rimmel's website here.


Have you used the Scandaleyes range? If so, I would love your thoughts.




These products were provided for my consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!