Tuesday, 2 August 2016

REVIEW: QV EVERYDAY SKINCARE RANGE FOR SENSITIVE AND DRY SKIN


If you suffer from skin troubles such as scaly skin, winter itch, atopic eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other dry dermatological conditions then the QV body range could help alleviate the symptoms. 

Ego QV Body Range is Australian made and developed for dry and sensitive skin. The formulation isn’t natural but all QV products are pH balanced and are soap, fragrance and colour free. 

QV is one of the few brands to use glycerol in many of its products. Glycerol is a naturally occurring humectant. Humectants are substances that help the skin retain moisture, protecting the skin against irritation.

The QV range is non-comedogenic, meaning it won't block your pores, making it also suitable for the face as well as the body.

I'm very familiar with this brand as I used their baby's range on my son when he was little and now I alternate between QV and Moogoo only because I purchase whichever is either on special or available at the time. So to review this range was only natural as I really believe in QV because it was one of the very few brands that was available 9 years ago when I needed skincare for my son who suffered from eczema since he was born.


QV Intensive Moisturising Cleanser

This cleanser is mainly for extremely dry and sensitive skin. It is a gentle soap free cleanser that is enriched with moisturisers to help sooth and hydrate dry skin and protects against further moisture loss. It's perfect for the face and body.


I used this product on my 9 year old who does suffers from a mild form of eczema. In winter his skin is a lot more irritated so he needs extra care to prevent the eczema from getting worse. There has been a difference in his skin's hydration as there is less dry patches on his body. He also washes his face with this cleanser in the shower.

Sizes & Prices
250g RRP $16.30
500g pump pack RRP $23.45
1kg pump pack RRP $34.95



QV Wash

Lathers and cleanses leaving skin feeling clean and fresh. Mild enough to use on the face and suitable for the entire body. I use this wash for my body. It is non-drying especially after a super warm shower.


Hubby is a loyal soap user and it took a bit of convincing to switch to liquid cleanser which he now prefers only because his skin is not so rough and dry as much. He suggested to me that it would be perfect if this cames out in a soap. To his surprise I told him it does so he's happy to switch!

Sizes Prices
250ml flip top – RRP $10.65
500ml – RRP $18.15
1 Litre – RRP $29.95



QV Gentle Wash

A gentle yet effective alternative to soap. It is a low foaming cleanser that leaves the skin feeling clean and fresh without it feeling tight. It's mild enough to use on the face and suitable for the entire body.


This is perfect for all skin types. As the weather warms up I will be switching from the Intensive Cleanser to the Gentle Wash for my son.  Again, this is perfect for young children as well.

Sizes & Prices
350g – RRP $10.65
500g – RRP $18.15
1kg – RRP $29.95



QV Skin Lotion

QV Skin Lotion is also pH balanced and is a low-irritant formulation free from fragrance, colour, lanolin and propylene glycol. The texture of this lotion is quite lightweight, spreads rather well and is readily absorbed.


Even though my body has dry skin especially during the winter, I am not fond of heavy body moisturisers as I dislike the dewy sticky feeling on my body. This skin lotion is perfect for me as it's light and effective, moisturising my skin without that greasy sticky feeling.

Sizes & Prices
250 ml flip top bottle – RRP $11.20
500 ml pump pack – RRP $20.15
1 Litre pump pack – RRP $29.95



QV Cream

This rich, protective cream replenishes the skin and helps repair dry areas. It contains squalene, a natural component found in the skin’s oil. Areas prone to dryness like the elbows, knees and hands can really benefit using this cream. It also contains 10% Glycerin and is suitable for sensitive skin.


It helps to seal in natural moisture by acting as a protective barrier. Suitable for sensitive skin and can be used on infants. I use this on my cuticles to help keep them soft otherwise I will be picking at them!

Sizes & Prices
100g tube – RRP $8.15
250g tub – RRP $13.20
500g pump – RRP $19.35
1kg pump – RRP $39.99


QV recently appointed an ambassador for their range.  The type of person a company selects to represent their brand is really important because they need to ensure it sends out the right message of what their image is about.  


Choosing Kate Ritchie was such a natural fit for the brand. She represents family, simplicity and natural beauty.  She has been in the spotlight for many years, is a positive person and someone we can trust.  So I'm looking forward in seeing her in campaigns.


The QV Range is available from pharmacies and Priceline stores nationally.
For stockist call 1800 033 706  or visit their website at www.qvskincare.com.au.



These products were sent to me for consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!