Tuesday, 2 August 2016

REVIEW: ANTIPODES SKIN-BRIGHTENING ORGANIC SKINCARE RANGE



Antipodes Manuka Honey Skin-Brightening Light Day Cream and Eye Cream has been hailed as 'Liquid Gold' for the skin.

With natural potent ingredients like Manuka Honey, Bee Venom and Vinanza, I think this may be the power cream that will wake up it's competitors.

New Zealand manuka honey is a wild honey collected by bees from the flowers of the native manuka tree.  Manuka honey has natural antiseptic, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties and has been used for wound healing and digestion.

Manuka honey is also highly cleansing, is a natural anti-oxidant, improves skin regeneration, and is an effective moisturiser. As a result, natural New Zealand manuka honey is in high demand as a skincare ingredient.

Bee venom is another unique ingredient with benefits for your skin. It's used cosmetically to 'fool' the skin into thinking it has been lightly stung with the toxin melittin. This causes the body to direct blood towards the area and stimulates the production of the naturally-occurring chemicals collagen and elastin.  Collagen strengthens body tissue while elastin is the protein that helps the skin to remain taut.  

Another amazing ingredient is Vinanza Performance Plus, from grape seeds and kiwifruit, it is an antioxidant rich compound with a proven brightening affect. It is scientifically shown to brighten and lighten skin through inhibiting melanin and production, reduce skin redness and keep skin moisture and supple.



Manuka Honey Skin-Brightening Light Day Cream

It's key ingredients are bee venom, Vinanza grape and kiwi seed. While the bee venom and mamaku black fern provides a gentle lifting effect, Vinanza grape and kiwi seed restores the skin as well as brightens and lightens it.


I have been using this on my skin for almost two weeks. I have to say the texture and consistency of the cream is a little different to what I am used to using, but I love it.  The cream is light but firm.  I know this sounds strange, if you grab your moisturiser and stick your finger into it you are able to penetrate it quite easy but with this moisturiser, it wasn't so easy it is like the cream is firm, bonded, like the firming effect it has on the skin.  I really loved the natural fragrance of the cream. It was calming and soothing.


My skin absorbed the moisturiser in under a minute and felt soft and supple to touch with a nice smoothness to it.

To gain understanding and true results when trialling a product I do stop using any products that are part of my usual beauty regime including my anti-redness serum. I want to see the benefits of the product on it's own.  I did notice that the redness on my cheeks and chin had calmed down quite a bit. This was a huge positive of a result in such a short time.  



Manuka Honey Skin Brightening Eye Cream 

This luxury formulation introduces Persian silk flower blended with revolutionary antioxidant Vinanza grape seed and kiwi to brighten delicate skin.


Containing Persian silk flowers it helps hydrate and freshen the eye tissue. The eye cream texture is a little thicker than the moisturiser but once applied it felt just as light on the skin.  The fragrance is a lot more subtle.


The colour is a little more yellow than the moisturiser.  I have been using this product for almost two weeks without a serum to see the effects of the eye cream.  I found that my eye area wrinkles have softened and look less dehydrated.  Under my eye area showed evidence of smoother skin and reduced puffiness, as previously tiny bumps were noticeable.

I want to continue using both products to see the changes in my skin as two weeks isn't enough to see a dramatic difference even though I am already seeing changes.

Both formulations are suited to most skin types especially oily. I have dry-combination skin and I did not have any issues with it.

Do you use any Antipodes products?  I would love to know what you think of the brand.


Price list
Manuka Honey Skin-Brightening Day Cream 60ml - $59.95
Manuka Honey Skin-Brightening Eye Cream - $54.95


Antipodes products are available at all Priceline stores as well as on their website.




Products were provided for my consideration

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reviewing our skin-brightening duo, we are so pleased that you are enjoying the products and seeing a difference. Do let us know how you get on longer term, we would love to know. #lovethearoha

    ReplyDelete

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!