Wednesday, 31 August 2016

NEW RELEASE: SHU UEMURA MOISTURE ESSENCE-IN GEL + LASTING EYE PRIMING FLUID

It is always exciting when new products are released as you know there is always a exciting reason behind a release and being Japanese and the brand Shu Uemura, you know it going to be good!

The star products are Stage Performer Lasting Eye Priming Fluid and Moisture Essence-in gel.



eye:prime

Shu Uemura celebrates it's very first eye make-up base. Stage Performer is designed to create a flawless finish which is usually unattainable due to the fact the delicate skin around the eye area can sag and wrinkle or loss of moisture in this area can cause makeup to smudge, crease or even fall off!


Shu Uemura lasting eye primer incorporates true colour veil technology by creating a thin film and allowing makeup to adhere smoothly. The primer instantly adjusts to your skin tone, forming the ideal eye canvas for a flawless makeup finish.

The primer comes in a 12ml tube. The colour is soft pale pink while the texture is more of a lotion consistency but then disappears into a powdery transparent finish. I noticed immediately that my eye area has softened.


I found my eye shadow blended better as well as my make-up staying put. During most days I and in an air-conditioned environment and I noticed a difference as my makeup did not sink into my wrinkles or creases in my eye socket throughout the entire day.



maxi:hydrability 

Shu Uemura has harnessed the power of science and nature with its new HydraDrench complex - consisting of yuzu citrus extract and glycerin—to increase aquaporins (also known as water pathways) in skin cells to boost hydration.


The yuzu citrus extract delivers messages to the skin to enhance aquaporin production. Glycerin carries water molecules and helps to deliver water to the skin, while preventing water from evaporating.

This Moisturise Essence-in Gel is light-weight and I assume is more for oily skin (there is no indication on the packaging that states skin types). There is a cooling wet sensation when I apply the gel to my face. It soothing and my skin instantly feels moisturised.  I did find my skin to be better hydrated throughout the day, but as this product is aimed at women in their 20s it is not quite suitable for me as there are no anti-ageing properties in it.  Even though it feels amazing on the skin it will not assist me in what my skin needs at my age.


There are no Parabens, Sulfates or Phthalates and is dermatologically and allergy tested.

If you find the gel not hydrating enough or you like a heavier moisturiser there is also a moisture intensive essence-in cream available.

Overall, these products are fab especially the eye primer, I totally love it.


The Moisture Essence-in Gel moisturiser RRP $98 and the Stage Performer primer RRP $48.

Shu Uemura skincare and makeup are available on counter at David Jones.  For stockists contact 1300 651 991.



Products were received during an event.  Opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting, thank you for sharing! What a lovely blog you have, keep up your amazing work gal! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!