Wednesday, 27 July 2016

REVIEW: TRANSFORMING BROWS WITH BENEFIT COSMETICS BROW COLLECTION











The new Benefit Brow Collection has just launched in Australia this month. Woop Woop!

This would have to be the most exciting review I have done to date. There hasn't been a brand on the market that has release such a vast collection of brow products.

I have strong prominent brows and they take a lot of work to maintain.  One wrong hair plucked and I'm up shit creek.

My beauty drawer was stocked to the top with every brow product available on the market.  From pencils to gels to wands to powder, I had them.   Did you pick up the word 'had'? 

The day I was introduced to the Benefit Brow Collection, I felt like my prayers had been answered.  I decluttered the 20+ products and replaced it with only 9 that I will ever need to achieve perfect brows.  

I have tried and tested each product.   It's extravagant luxe packaging oozes glamour. The silver prisms of each product is stunningly exciting and outshines every other product in my beauty cabinet.  Just how beauty products should look, special.

Below is my brow before any product application. Please excuse the red eyes, that's what happens when your on the computer all day long!




KA-BROW! Cream-Gel Brow Colour

I'm a gel kinda girl when it comes to doing my brows. The cream formulation allows for easy fills, sculpting and defining your brows without giving you the over-the-top brow look. Perfect for me as it allows me to fill in holes in my brows giving me the natural look. 



When you unscrew the pot, pop the brush out, flip it over, and stick it back in the lid. This allows you more control as you work with the brush.  



Ka Brow gives my brows more definition and colour.


Goof Proof Brow Pencil

True to its name, Goof Proof Brow Pencil is so easy you can create great brows with it. With it's diamond shape tip, it allows easy brow filling and shaping. It's buildable so very little room for error.


If you’re a novice in brows filling/shaping, then this is for you. An added bonus, the pencil is waterproof so your brows won't disappear if you take a dip in the ocean! There are six shades to choose from so there is a colour to suit all brows.


It was super easy to fill in the gaps, giving me a natural look.


Gimme Brow Volumising Fibre Gel

Gimme Brow is an existing product in the Benefit range and has had a revamp. Add volume to brows by adding tiny fibres that emulate hairs. It's highly pigmented but is buildable. Comes in three shades.



With a few strokes I was able to achieve a fuller brow.




Brow Zings Total Taming and Shaping Kit

Another existing product that has had a makeover. It is still as fab as the original. Comes in six different shades. The wax and powder combination helps it to last throughout the day.


Comes with two mini tools, a doubled ended brush with an angled brush to shape and define on one end and a normal brush to fill and set on the other and tweezers to pluck any stray hairs.



How cool is this brush!


I liked working with wax.  It is a first for me and I like how easy it was to apply.




3D Brow Tones Eyebrow Enhancer

This is a gel highlighter for your brows. I use this after I've applied Ka-Brow to give me a 3D dimension to my brows.


Here you can see that my brow has some highlights in it.



BROWVO! Conditioning Primer

It's food for your brows! Either you've over plucked over the years or just getting old, we all tend to lose the fullness of our brows. It contains keratin and soy proteins to help grow the brow hair over time. I use this on my tail ends where they have thinned out.



This gel applicator comes in a pen-shaped tube with a slanted rubber tip for easy application. Just one click will dispense enough product to coat both brows.


Ready, Set, Brow! Gel

This is a clear setting gel to keep your brows in place. Perfect for those makeup free days but you still want to tame those unruly brows.


I like the fullness of the brush, when applying, it does so evenly without congregating the hairs in clumps.




Precisely, My Brow Pencil

This ultra-fine pencil fills in the blanks with natural-looking, hair-like strokes. Comes in six shades.


I use this to fill in the gaps at the head of my brows. the tip is thin enough to precisely cover the small sections without it looking like I've done anything.





High Brow Glow

There are two High Brow items in the collection. The High Brow and High Brow Glow. I was only able to test the High Brow as I did not get the other one. As this also got a makeover, the new formula is creamier than its predecessor allowing for an easier glide under the arch of the brow.



Apply it directly under the line of your brow.



I have been able to overcome many obstacles when doing my brows.  I always thought it my lack of understanding and skill that I could never achieve what I had in mind of how my brows should be but it is actually having the right products that makes a huge difference on the outcome.

What's your favourite Benefit Brow product?


My review was based on my experience on the products and the brand had no influence in my review.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing review! Absolutely love this range - so happy every time I see them on the dressing table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, same here, I love looking at them because they are so pretty!

      Delete
  2. Nice review. Which shade are you using for the kabrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mareika,
      Thank you for your comment. I am currently using shade 4.

      Delete

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!