REVIEW: HASK MONOI COCONUT OIL HAIRCARE RANGE


I open the bottle and one sniff transported me to a far away exotic island, sun glistening on the skin, then a gush of wind wakes me up and I realise I'm on my balcony in the middle of winter examining my products to write this review. I grabbed my cup of coffee for that instant warmth.

Hask offers a wide collection of hair care products that feature exotic oils and ingredients from all around the world. Argan Oil, Macadamia Oil and Monoi Oil just to name a few.  They are free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, alcohol, and artificial colours.


What is Manoi Oil?
Similar to the benefits of coconut oil, Monoi penetrates deep into the hair shaft, helping the cuticles lay flat and stay smooth, resulting in smoother and shinier hair. It also prevents the loss of protein which in turn helps stop breakage, allowing your hair to grow longer, stronger, and healthier. Monoi oil also contains vitamin E which helps hair’s elasticity and overall strength.

As part of the Monoi Oil collection, I received the Monoi Coconut Oil Nourishing Shampoo, Nourishing Conditioner and Nourishing Shine Hair Oil.





Monoi Coconut Oil Nourishing Shampoo

This shampoo aims to moisturise and revitalise hair that has been damaged by styling tools, colour and/or environmental factors. Infused with Monoi oil, Tahitian gardenias and coconut oil, it will gently cleanses as well as a treat your locks leaving them refreshed and revived.




I've always stayed away from hair products with coconut oil as they tend to be heavy and weigh my hair down but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't so with this product. Obviously the ingredients is well balanced to not make hair heavy.

I trialled this shampoo for two weeks. It's consistency is thick with an opalescence appearance. Fragrance is divine without it being overpowering. A 50c coin amount was sufficient for my hair length (LOB). My hair felt extremely moisturised and soft after washing and smelt delicious.



Monoi Coconut Oil Nourishing Conditioner

This conditioner is designed to hydrate, strengthen and protect the hair against further damage. Mid lengths to the ends of my hair is quite dry due to colouring and straightening so this is where I concentrated on when applying the conditioner.



The conditioner has a thick but smooth consistency. I worked it through my hair, detangling almost immediately. For best results Hask recommends to leave this product on the hair for at least 1-2 minutes prior to rinsing.

The only downside to soft silky hair is my hair band kept slipping out! I had no fly-aways nor experienced any static hair.


Nourishing shine hair oil

This lightweight, instantly absorbing oil provides beautiful shine with no oily residue. Helps to hydrate and strengthen, leaving all hair types nourished, moisturised and revived.



Ideal for all hair types. bit hesitant to use this as oils tend to weigh my hair down but you've gotta try everything right?

I am happy to report that my hair did not feel weighed down nor went flat. The oil, regardless of it's thickness worked wonderfully through my hair leaving it silky smooth and shiny, not an oily shiny but a healthy type of shine.


Prices
Nourishing Shampoo 355ml - $14.99
Nourishing Conditioner 355ml - $14.99
Nourishing shine hair oil 59ml - $14.99
Nourishing shine hair oil - 18ml - $4.99


The Hask Manoi Coconut range is available at Priceline, Kmart, selected pharmacies, health food stores, supermarkets and online www.keysun.com.au.  Alternatively call 1800 791 381 to find a store near you.








Products were included in goodie bag from BeautyDirectory Network Influencers event

Comments