Tuesday, 12 April 2016

REVIEW: ELIZABETH ARDEN THE PERFECT PRIMER


Elizabeth Arden recently launched their Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer this year and I have to say I have never been a fan of primers until I tried this one.

Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer is oil-free and non-comedogenic. It features a triple blurring complex with light-diffusing technology, promising to create the perfect canvas and smooth uneven texture, diminish the appearance of fine lines, pores and wrinkles all while leaving your skin with a moisturised and radiant glow.



Key Ingredients

Triple Blurring Complex – a blend of soft focus, light-diffusing ingredients that work to instantly smooth and perfect the look of skin by minimising the appearance of pores, fine lines, and wrinkles, 

Time-Release Skin Balancing Technology – a unique complex of hyaluronic acid and botanical extracts fill lines and add moisture, while hollow silica beads help absorb oil for a shine-free look and all day comfort, and 

Longwear Polymers – a precise balance of emollients and special oils that adhere to the skin extending foundation and make-up wear.


Results?

The primer has a slight tint to it. I applied the primer all over my face. It has a soft silky texture just like other primers. Allow 10 seconds for the primer to set before applying your foundation.

After I applied my foundation, the redness on my nose and cheeks had softened to a soft healthy glow and my pores so refined that they were barely visible and the foundation finish looked amazing.


The texture and appearance improved dramatically. I would say it by far the most effective primer I have used. Even after a long day at work my appearance still looked fresh, flawless and no shiny t-zone.

In the image below I applied primer only to one side of my face and foundation all over.  I have not used any concealers or powders.  The results below are purely the primer and foundation.  The primer allowed the foundation to provide better coverage making my skin appear smoother.

Primer & foundation (left) - No primer & foundation (right)


From past experience of using primers I found that my make-up was more obvious and after time my lines on the forehead were more noticeable than without primer. So to achieve a more flawless look was a huge positive.

There are so many quality products available on the market but as you get older not everything is suitable for mature skin especially with primers.  I review and purchase a lot of products and this is the first time I have been happy with the results of a primer.

I always share my products with my friends and family to gain feedback on how the product works on different skin types and ages and this particular primer worked brilliant on the five people I tried it on and I normally don't get a consistent result when I use products on other people but I did with this one.


Elizabeth Arden Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer retails for $48.00 (30ml).  It's available at Elizabeth Arden counters at Myer, David Jones and leading pharmacies.


This product was provided for my consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!