Tuesday, 16 February 2016

REVIEW: FAKE BAKE BRONZER WASH-OFF INSTANT TAN




I was recently given a self-tanning product by a good friend who overheard me complain that I hated my ridiculous tan lines. I remember the first self-tanning products that came on the market, which I tried with a bunch of high school friends. We thought we were so cool back then. But I shudder as I look at the photos of us in our school uniform, big happy smiles and OMG orange faces. I was reminded of sickly plastic smells, streaky limbs, stained palms, chocolate brown at the beginning and neon orange when it started to fade. That was the first and last time I self-tanned.

Since then I have been blessed with a natural, outdoor tan from former years as a professional tennis player but unfortunately not all over my body. I have managed to even out my once hideous sock line but my skirt line is still quite noticeable. 

I've heard about all the latest self-tanners, great new formula's, improved products, awesome finishes. I was definitely intrigued, so I accepted her gift and decided to give Fake Bake Matte Medium a go. 




The pretty pink packaging looked simple yet classy, I was feeling excited. I was instantly drawn to the words on the front of the box "Golden Faux Glo Bronzer" and "Streak free, Easy Application". 

Fake Bake was the first self-tan line to combine the naturally derived tanning agents DHA and Erythulose to offer next-generation results that incorporated improved natural colour development, greater colour intensity, increased evenness of coverage, reduced streaking and longer lasting tan results with a slower fade rate.

After reading the box, the tube and the instruction leaflet enclosed I felt ready and confident. I started by showering and exfoliating to prep my skin. I dried off completely, slipped on their handy rubber gloves and applied the product in circular motions all over my body, as evenly as I could. I liked that the self-tan lotion is darkly pigmented which meant I could see where I was putting it on.

Before applying the tan

It has a smooth consistency and smelled deliciously of vanilla. It doesn't state how long I should wait before I could dress or lie down, but claims that it is transfer resistant, so I assumed when it dried I would be safe. Boy was I surprised at how quickly the lotion is absorbed, so work quickly and blend well. For trickier areas such as the knees, ankles, feet, elbows and hands you can rub over a little of your moisturising cream to tone it down a bit on these parts.

After applying the tan

Thanks to my girlfriend's generous gift the result were fantastic! I am impressed with my gorgeous radiant glow. Fake Bake Matte Medium hid my pale upper thighs, beautifully concealing and blending them to a believable, all-over natural tan. As this was the Matte Medium I think this is best suited for those with medium, olive to darker skin tones. Unless the pale really, really want to go noticeably deep bronze then I would suggest they try the lighter version instead.

What's even better is Fake Bake formulations are free from parabens, artificial preservatives and are non-comedogetic, so they won't clog pores. Further, a wash-off cosmetic colour guide makes for a flawlessly even application every time.

Super easy to use and a great product to look naturally tanned, as though you've just come back from a tropical island holiday.

Fake Bake products are available through Priceline, select salons nationally or online at www.fakebake.com.au .

For full stockists details please call 1300 787 587 For further information.


You can follow Fake Bake on FacebookTwitter & Instagram


Guest Reviewer

1 comment:

  1. Fake Bake has to be one of my favourite brands so far for some extra colour!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!