Monday, 11 January 2016

REVIEW: EGO ELUCENT WHITENING SKINCARE

Beauty Reign has kindly given me 5 Elucent products to try.  The following products are an exfoliating cleanser, a day and night cream, a spot corrector and a hand cream.

The Elucent whitening range targets sun damage, dull skin, discolouration and uneven skin tone. It is also suitable for anyone who wants a brighter skin complexion. I am trialling this product to address my skin concerns of a lack of radiance, and am hoping these products can deliver in helping me achieve a brighter, more radiant complexion.



While I am not hoping to “whiten” my skin, I have previously used products that describe themselves as “whitening” skin care products, and have found them to be very helpful in increasing the brightness of my complexion. I am hoping Elucent can do the same. I am also curious to see if these products can help more quickly to fade darkened spots left over from pimples and acne cysts. I find these marks can hang around on my skin for up to a year after the pimple or acne cyst has fully healed, and It would be great to find a product that could speed up the fading process.

The main actives in the Elucent range are emblica fruit extract, vitamins and anti-oxidants. Embilica fruit extract - also known as amla - is the most heralded of the ingredients in the Elucent formula- it a fruit extract extremely high in vitamin c and anti-oxidants. It is known to protects against photo ageing and discolouration, and can also repair existing sun damage and even tone, as well as creating skin brightness and radiance. I was once in the habit of taking amla internally as a supplement when I had a cold or if I was feeling a bit lack lustre. To my memory, it is a very powerful and effective supplement and always put the spring back into my step, so I am excited to see what it can do for skin topically.

The Elucent range contains vitamin B3, and looking at the ingredient list, there seems to be a fairly high amount of it in the formula (it is the fourth ingredient on the list). B3 can improve the appearance of aged, hyper pigmented and photo damaged skin.

All products in the line contain safflower seed oil which is another “skin brightener”. It also increases cell turn over and is moisturising and soothing. Vitamin E is also added to help improve skin barrier function and increase skin elasticity.

My overall impression of these products is positive. I am very impressed by the ingredients list and the chosen actives, and it appears to be a powerful little concoction they’ve devised. I found the line a pleasure to use, and looked forward to my morning and evening skin care rituals with the Elucent products. Over the one-month trial, my skin did take on a more radiant, bright appearance, and remained well moisturised without breaking out. The dark spots my skin left over from healed break outs, did seem to fade quicker then usual and this was a great surprise.

Here are some of my impressions of using the individual products;

Exfoliating Cleanser
RRP $25.39

I absolutely adore this cleanser. It has a creamy, milky consistency with a subtle, fine grainy texture. looking at the ingredients I'm guessing the grain is oat, which is a good choice as it is gentle on the skin. It makes a light foam, making it moisturising and non drying, but gives you an unmistakable clean feeling when you use it. My skin looks bright and refreshed after using this and my moisturiser sinks right in.

The product insert recommends using this product morning and night. I have felt a little hesitant to do this, as the product claims to be an exfoliating, and it also contains grains. In the past I have had beauty therapists advise me that I should only be using grainy exfoliates a few times per week maximum so I felt very reluctant to use this one twice a day, as I am concerned about over processing my skin. I have been using this cleanser only at night, and use a non-exfoliating cleanser for the morning.


Elucent Whitening Day Moisturiser SPF 30
RRP $42.39

This one comes in fantastic pump bottle, in a generous 95ml size. It has a light texture, perfect for a day time cream and under make up.  I love that it has a high SPF of 30 plus. It absorbs very well and is a good base for make up.


Elucent Whitening Night Moisturiser
RRP $42.39

The night cream has a richer feel then the day cream, and I get the impression is more of a work horse then the day cream. Its not overly thick and I find it absorbs fully after about ten minutes which is not too bad. 

After applying this one after my evening cleanse and tone, the brightening effect is instant, and its almost like I could just feel “something happening” when I put this cream on, if that makes sense?


Elucent Whitening Spot Corrector
RRP $ 42.39

I used this one only at night to help treat my pimple/acne scars, which are dark spots in a few different areas like my forehead, chin and cheeks. I applied a small amount just locally to the dark spots and gently massaged into the area. I waited for it to sink in before applying moisturiser on the top.


Elucent Whitening Hand Cream
RRP $20.99

I'm only 33, so I don’t have any significant ageing or discolouration to my hands, but for the sake of the trial, I used this hand cream daily for the four week period. 

I'm not sure I noticed much difference in using this compared to other hand creams I've used, but perhaps I just don’t pay much attention to the skin on my hands at present!!

Overall, I am overly impressed with these products and truly believe my skin will benefit from continual use of all of these products.  From a price point, these products are very affordable and I would not hesitate continuing use of these products in the future.

Elucent products are exclusive to Chemistwarehouse and MyChemist Australiawide and also on their website.  For more information about any of the whitening range head over to Elucent's website.

xx

Lily

Guest Reviewer

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love Elucent skincare! They have an anti-ageing range as well that I am keen to try!

    Tahana <3
    http://tahanalee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on my second set of these, I love the products, they're so great to use and they've made such a difference. That night moisturiser though, oh my god!! I love how hydrated my skin feels after using it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!