Friday, 13 November 2015

REVIEW: Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Gel Cream and Facial Oil

Oils of Life is all about discovering the power of oils. They contain three precious seed oils that help revitalise and nourish skin. The oils used are black cumin seed oil from Egypt, rosehip seed oil from Chile and camellia seed oil from China, all known for their impressive revitalising and repairing properties.

The products I am reviewing are the Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Gel Cream and Facial Oil.  I was excited to use something that is both light and intensely moisturising.


Intensely Revitalising Gel Cream




I have always had combination skin, but since hitting my late 30’s I am now starting to suffer from areas of more distinct dryness and lack of moisture, especially on the forehead and temples. Unfortunately, I am still prone to break outs, so I am always careful not use anything too heavy that would provoke my skin breaking out.  From the description, this cream seemed to offer a perfect balance for my skin concerns.

What I look for in a skin care product, are the potency of the active ingredients. This is the most important aspect of a product, and it will give me an idea of how effective a product will be, both in the short and long term. One of the things I always look for is that they contain a good dose of vitamins A, C and E, all very effective to promote skin radiance, hydration and prevent/reverse fine lines. The active ingredients of this line of products are of course, contained in the oils, and these are rosehip, black cumin and camellia seed oil. I am usually wary of using oils on my face, but these three are chosen to match well with the skins own sebum, and are thus much safer to use for break out prone skin. The oils are also very high in vitamins A. C, E.which are all very effective to promote skin radiance, hydration and prevent/reverse fine lines.




I used this cream for just over two weeks, in the morning and evening with the serum. Overall, I feel the results were positive. It hydrated well, and I did notice a positive change in my skin's radiance. It lives up to its claim of being a light cream, and I was impressed with the amount of hydration it was actually able to offer. I noticed in the morning my skin looking more refreshed and is a perfect base for my make-up. 

I like that the Oils of Life products are a naturally sourced and does not contain all the nasties that many other skin care products can contain. Its priced at over $40 however, and I’m not sure I would personally purchase this myself, as I tend not to spend more than $30 on a moisturiser but I am tempted to stretch that little bit more on a product if it produces these types of results.


Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil




I tried this serum together with the gel cream in this line. My first impression, was that this is more a "facial beauty oil" then a serum, and that put me off a bit, as previously mentioned I am prone to break outs when using heavy products. 

Oils are generally not something I apply directly on my face! I was reassured to learn that the three featured oils of this product are "break out safe", meaning they are lighter oils, and are also chemically similar to our skins own sebum. I was also impressed to know that black cumin, one of the three featured oils here, whilst being a powerful anti ageing ingredient, is also commonly used to treat and prevent acne. It has both anti bacterial and anti inflammatory effects on the skin. With this information on my side, I took the chance and tried the serum for a two weeks.


Results. I used this serum in the evening under the gel cream during the two weeks. I definitely noticed a change in my skin. I looked more rested when I woke in the morning, and my skin took on an unmistakable "plump", from the extra hydration. 

After a few days I did notice a breakout on my forehead. I am not sure the serum had anything to do with it, as I was suffering alot more stress then usual, and the forehead is always where I break out during stressful times. I persevered with the serum, and had no more break outs occur after the first. The break out that did occur a few days into the trial seemed to heal a little faster then usual, and I'm guessing that may be due to the effects of black cumin seed oil. 

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this serum. It matches well with the gel cream, and both are readily absorbed without leaving residue. The verdict is still out for me just how break out safe this serum is, but I'm definitely impressed by the greater hydration and radiance I see since using it.


There are five products in the Oils of Life range




Intensely Revitalising Bi-Phase Essence Lotion - $32.95
Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil - $54.95
Intensely Revitalising Gel Cream - $45.95
Intensely Revitalising Cream - $45.95
Twin-Ball Facial Massager - $49.95

Oils of Life is available at The Body Shop stores as well as online www.thebodyshop.com.au.


Products were provided for consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!