Saturday, 3 October 2015

REVIEW: INIKA MAKE-UP - A NATURAL SELECTION

Last month INIKA held press previews in Surry Hills. I have heard of INIKA but I had no idea how extensive their range is. With a large selection of colours, you are literally spoilt for choice.

INIKA is a vegan mineral based makeup brand. All products are certified organic, vegan, halal, and cruelty-free. They use natural ingredients sourced from Australia and around the globe including organic Aloe Vera, Calendula, Shea Butter, Kakadu Plum, Rosehip and Primrose Oil and Green Tea.

All their products come with pretty names like Inspiration, Pink Fetish and Cherry Blossom.

INIKA has expanded its range with a line of vegan lipsticks, all of which were launched on the day. The moisturising lipstick combines avocado and jojoba seed oils for a creamy, flawless application.

The lipstick is available in eight shades: After Dark, Flushed, Orchid Fields, Captivating, Before Sunset, Cherry Blossom, Auburn Ambition, and Naked Kiss.

Pictured below are two of the eight shades available.
Lipsticks RRP $39.00

I chose these two because I know they will compliment any make-up look I create as well as compliment my olive skin tone.

L to R - Flushed, Naked Kiss

Below are some of their amazing colours from their eye shadow range.  The pots are small and cute. The seal was a pain to peel though.  It was so secure it took me a good minute of so to lift it off with some product scattering all over my desk. Maybe a suggestion of the seal to be longer for easier peal.

Eyeshadow pots RRP $25.00

As you can see the colours are so highly pigmented you only need a very small amount for the colour to go a long way, so these pots will last quite a while.



Also in their range, are Mineral blushes, Illuminisor and Bronzers.

Illuminisor & Bronzer RRP $45.00 each

Blush RRP $45.00


Mineral Blush
I love the Mineral Blush in 'Rosy Glow'. With it's handy applicator attached on top of the pot it makes applying dead easy and mess free.  It has a tiny mirror on the top to help you when your out and about.  I think this mirror is more useful for eye and lip make-up I did find it hard to apply blush as it is quite small and you can't see your cheeks.



Mineral Bronzer
The mineral bronzer is perfect to use over your foundation, or simply apply on your fresh-faced skin for an added glow. It comes in four colours Sunlight, Sunkissed, Sunloving and Sunseeker.

Being a naturally olive skin toned gal, I'm not a fan of bronzer's but I really wanted to give this a go. The brush I recommend to use with this bronzer is a kabuki brush, it's smoother and easier to apply giving an even application.

I'm sitting on the fence with this one.  Even though I looked tanned and with a healthy glow, I can tell I was wearing it and I dislike wearing make-up that looks obvious.



Mineral Illuminisor 
The Mineral Illuminisor is an iridescent loose powder that gives your skin a natural glow and sheer luminosity. You can use this product as a highlighter on the cheeks and brow bone or dust over the entire face and d├ęcolletage to enhance your complexion and create an all-over healthy glow. 

Most of INIKA's products have shimmer but surprisingly it doesn't seem so shimmery once applied and blended in which is great because at the end of the day I don't want to look like a walking disco ball!

This is a super-sheer, natural pinky lilac colour, When applied it gives an incredibly clean, finish which immediately brightens the skin tone without looking overpowering.

It can be worn on top of your foundation, bronzer and blush or wear it on it's own for a subtle glow to complete your beautifully natural look.


Mineral Mascara
Finding the right mascara can be tricky. There are so many variants on the market and it has truly become a challenge to find the perfect mascara.  So first impressions can be deceiving, never judge a brush until you've tried it.

When I opened the tube of mascara, my first thoughts were that I  found the brush too thick.  My active imagination was already picturing panda eyes, smudges - a complete mess.

Mascara RRP $39.00

I was hugely surprised how smooth it was to apply and the result were amazing. I only applied it once. The colour is an intense black. It thicken immediately and slightly lengthened my lashes.  To get this effect I usually reapply mascara 3-4 times.



Liquid Foundation
I like foundations that come in a compact or pump. Its clean, hygienic and can be taken anywhere.

Liquid Foundation RRP $65.00

The colour I tried is Honey.  It comes in three colours, Cream, Honey and Tan. Even though there are only three colours, you will be surprised how well they blend with your skin colour.


The product is easy to apply and the skin feels soft and dewy almost immediately, no stickiness like most liquid foundations. The end result is a flawless natural coverage. It's easy to blend and build. I did find however, that towards the end of the day my skin looked shiny, so not sure if its due to the warmer weather or my skin is producing more oil with mineral foundation.

I'm quite fussy with my foundations.  I like the foundation but I don't love it. 
Mineral Foundation
The colour I tried is Strength.   It was a little light for my skin tone.  There are eight different shades, Grace, Strength, Unity, Nuture, Patience, Trust, Freedom, Inspiration.

Powder Foundation RRP $59.95

Powder foundation is an alternative to liquid foundation. It’s super light so perfect for ladies who don’t like to wear much makeup. There isn't much coverage, I still had to use concealer to cover the redness and pigment on my face. Alternatively you can use this as a finishing powder.



Overall I was quite impressed with the quality of Inika cosmetics. The packaging is really nice as well, simple black with gold.  It is quite pricey, but you do get a lot of product for your money. Every single product I tested I used the smallest amount, so these pots will go a long way.

INIKA can be purchased online on their website at www.inika.com.au.



Products were sent for consideration

3 comments:

  1. Ive got a couple of inika products from previous besuty boxes and the quality is up there!! Especially love their primer, need to check out their foundation! !

    Lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried anything from them yet, but I'll keep an eye out for them the next time I'm looking for something that they have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive bought a small amount of their products in the past, but honestly have not even opened them up to use yet! DF xo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!