Thursday, 22 October 2015

REVIEW: INDULGING AT HOME WITH THE BODY SHOP SPA OF THE WORLD

Photo courtesy of The Body Shop

As a busy mum, I would love to spend an hour at the salon to be pampered and have some 'me' time. But it's not really an hour is it, when you add the time it takes to get to the salon or spa and the time back it's really more like two hours.  Who has two hours to spare when working full-time at work and home?

This is why I love having pamper sessions at home.  My window of opportunity is between 9-11pm every evening. So instead of plonking my bum on the couch and watching TV catch-up I decided to treat myself to a DIY mini spa treatment twice a week.

Whether it be doing my pedi and mani whilst watching TV or doing my own facials or soaking in a bath filled with fluffy bubbles.

If you've read my previous posts on The Body Shop you would know that I am totally in love with their latest body care range Spa of the World™.  



Spa of the World™ offers everything you need in a spa experience – escapism, relaxation, revitalisation, and pure bliss. Turning my bathroom into a ‘spa room’, filled with professional quality products, in fancy packaging, makes self pampering a pure delight, custom designing each treatment exactly the way I like it.


African Ximenia Scrub
Ximenia trees are grown in woodlands and the Savannah.  Rich in oleic acid, Ximenia provides the perfect protection for skin exposed to the drying forces of our environment.  Ximenia enhances and supports the skin’s natural barrier function, leaving it suppler.



The African Ximenia Scrub is a rich thick texture with tiny granules for a gentle yet effective exfoliation. The scent, I can't explain it, it's pure, yet fragrant but ever so lightly, it feels and smells authentic and pure quality. It is definitely a feeling and experience I have never felt on my skin before with an at home products.

I applied this all over my damp skin, with some assistance from hubby to get to the hard to reach places, like my back.  Rubbing in circular motion the scrub blends and creates a white body paste.  I can feel it working wonders relaxing me as I exfoliate my body.




Moroccan Rhassoul Body Clay
Rhassoul clay is found in Morocco’s Atlas Mountains. It firms skin, tightens as it dries to give instant firmness to skin.

After exfoliation I applied the Moroccan Rhassoul Body Clay all over for 10 minutes. As I couldn't sit or lay down, I decided to give myself a facial.


The Moroccan Rhassoul Body Clay  is also a rich thick texture.  Again, the scent was indescribable, definitely unique but really pleasant.


It is recommended to apply with a brush. This gives an easier application and even coverage.  The feeling is warm and deep on the skin. I felt like I wanted to lay down and close my eyes and drift, unfortunately I had to stand.

After 10 minutes I had a shower and used a soft loofah to remove the clay.  My skin felt soft and supple.  Normally I would moisturise my body after a shower but I didn't need to as my skin was soft. Make sure you shower in cool water, this will maximise the skin tightening effects.


Egyptian Milk & Honey Bath
A subtly fragrant soy milk powder with oat flour and avocado oil. When added to bath water it turns into an indulgent, creamy foam that cleanses, soothes and moisturises the skin. 

The Egyptian Milk & Honey Bath comes in a cotton sack.  The sweet honey smelling fragrance is instant when it hits the water.   

Feeling like Cleopatra while soaking in a tub of a Milk & Honey.  Laying there relaxed and letting it work it's magic on my skin. 



Pour 5 scoops under running water and swirl until dissolved.  Your Milk & Honey bath is now ready!




Japanese Camellia Cream

The oil of the elegant Camellia flower has been used by women since the 8th Century to gently soften and moisturise the skin.  This velvety soft rich moisturiser has a subtle sweet floral scent, melts on your skin as you massage it all over. No greasy or oily residue is left behind. Perfect after a relaxing bath or shower. Skin feels soft and supple. It is truly a luxurious body cream. 



I really can't get over how luxurious these products are.  They are truly one of a kind.  There is no hint of artificial fragrance in any of these products, with tantalising fragrances that will instantly transport your senses to far-away lands.  From purifying and firming clays, sensorial and luxury oils, refining natural scrubs and decadent creams. This is truly an epic collection of spa products I've seen to date.

With so many choices from their extensive Spa of the World Range, you are truly spoilt for choice.

For more information on The Body Shop Spa of the World, head in store to touch, smell and try or go online  www.thebodyshop.com.au.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!