Wednesday, 2 September 2015

EVENT: BEAUTY EXPO 2015

Two weekends ago I attended the Beauty Expo. Beauty Expo Australia is the largest of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. It is my third year visiting and I don't tire exploring. It was again at Glebe Island exhibition centre.

This year I did not see all the same exhibitors as the last two years. Last year there was a lot more focus on nails, nail colours, nail printing, gels and shellac. This year there was more focus on fake tan and lashes.

The day was jammed pack with lots to see and do including plenty of workshops running throughout the day.

Starting off with some eye candy. A nice change to see men getting a spray tan. There were several brand demonstrations around the exhibition showcasing their products and techniques.



Technique demonstration on stage.



Make-up brand like Inglot appeared for the first time this year which was super exciting.  With an array of colours to choose from it was like a gigantic rainbow palette.


























Same for the lashes, an array of colours, shapes and styles to choose from.  I really loved this display of lashes. They are so much fun.




























This year Janeke made an appearance again.  They produce really cool hair tools like colourful hair brushes and combs.  This year I saw more of a classic quilted look.  



Janeke also have other combs and brushes made from other materials ranging from wood, chrome, genuine horn and carbon fibre. There are a variety of styles, patterns.

The gang from Celebrity Apprentice were entertaining the crowd. Celebrity Sophie Monk demonstrating Camera Ready looks as well as top beauty secret tips and tricks.






























Matt Cooper and  Mel Greig getting dirty on stage.


It was great to see Miss Universe talk to us about business success strategies.



Body Sugaring was a new thing I learnt on the day.


Body sugaring is a new smoother method making it as fast as waxing if not faster and virtually pain-free. I didn't see this lady flinch once.

My highlight was trying out the new and improved technology in the way microdermabrasion is done.

It is called Liquid Facial Exfoliation or Liquid dermabrasion. I was a little apprehensive at first as I know how invasive Diamond and Crystal dermabrasion are but with some reassurance I decided to  give it a go.


Liquid Facial is natural abrasion-free treatment. Powered by an industrial grade suction pump, through the controlled vacuum pressure, skin is gently pulled into the chamber, allowing the solutions to unclog and gently cleanse pores, exfoliate dead skin cells and extract keratin, sebum, blackheads and other impurities. Simultaneously, the vortex spiral shaped tip drives the solutions deep into the skin.



I was surprised how relaxing the treatment felt.  After treatment my skin was a little pink afterwards. Like all treatments you need to have several to see some kind of a result.  It has definitely impressed me.  This is a treatment I will look out for when it is released in salons.

There were a few more pit stops before I called it a day.  Made a few purchases and I was content.

Stopped by Blinc stand, purchased a couple of mascara's and ogled at their new contour palette.


Picked up a couple of boxes of Baby Foot.  I've never tried this brand before.  I have used Milky Foot so review will be up in the near future.


A sample pack of Eye Slices.  Cool as a cucumber, aids in reducing swelling and tired eyes.  Just what I needed after a long day at the expo.


If you missed out going this year, make sure you register on Beauty Expo website to be informed for the 2016 expo.


Most photographs are courtesy of Oneill Photographics

2 comments:

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!