Wednesday, 2 September 2015

REVIEW: THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE SKIN SAVIOUR

Natural and organic products are definitely making a name for themselves in today's market unlike years ago when even though they were natural it did very little for the skin.

The Body Shop is celebrating 20 years since they launched the Tea Tree Oil.  To celebrate The Body Shop has released a limited edition jumbo range of it's three best selling Tea Tree products, available in store now.

I will be reviewing three Tea Tree products from the Body Shop Range and letting you know what I think.


Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is well-known for its powerful anti-bacterial properties. The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Oil is sourced from the foothills of Mount Kenya, a Community Fair Trade partner, where their farmers hand-harvest the leaves and steam-distill them within 12 hours for the purest, most potent tea tree oil.

With my skin rebelling the last few months gifting me pimples on the forehead and chin area.  My pimples are like blind ones where the lumps appear but no puss.

Tea Tree Oil 20ml RRP $16.95

The scent is medium strength and pleasant. I applied the oil on my forehead.  I used it in the morning and evening for over a whole week.  Unfortunately for me it did little to reduce or prevent my pimples.  It has however, calmed the redness on my skin where there are pimples so for me that is great.

As the oil is pure you only need a couple of drops to treat the areas and it isn't oily. The Tea Tree oil will last you a long time.

Alternatively if you want to treat the whole face and you don't want to put the oil directly to your skin you can give yourself a steam facial. Fill up a bowl or pot with very hot water. Add a few drops in the water, put a towel over your head and pot and let the steam do it's job.

Remember to close your eyes and relax, or they will sting!  Not only will it cleanse the skin and pores but also kill any bacteria that is nestled in the pores.

Image from goodsmiths.com























Remain in this position for about five to ten minutes. Come away earlier if you feel it's too much.

Tea tree oil does have its benefits and will take some time to clear up acne but what makes it different from other acne treatment products is that they have very little to no side effects after applying it.


Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner
This innovative 'shake to activate' toner removes traces of cleanser, make-up and impurities with triple blend of natural active ingredients such as tea tree oil, tamanu oil and white willow extract to leave the skin clean and refreshed whilst helping to prevent blemishes. 

Skin Clearing Toner 400ml RRP $22.95

To apply use with cotton wool pads. Saturate a cotton wool pad and sweep across a cleansed face and neck.  I did find my skin a little tight after use. I think this product will be more suited to my skin in Summer when my skin is oilier.



I noticed that this toner lists alcohol as the second ingredient  I have combination skin where my cheeks are normal-dry and my t-zone can get oily especially during the warmer months, so I tend to stay away from alcohol based toners.  I have mixed feelings about this one.


Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
It is definitely a refreshing foaming cleanser and it does effectively cleanse and didn't leave my skin taut.  It removed all my make-up really well leaving no residue behind.  I really like this cleanser, just enough foam to be effective without it being soapy.


I love the liquid pump turn foam cleanser.  I prefer it like this than the ones you squeeze out of a tube.

Foaming Cleanser RRP $17.95

Overall, I think the Tea Tree collection is great but more suited to oilier skin.  I love the Tea Tree smell and the packaging.  I wouldn't recommend it if you have dry skin, but always remember to test patch any new products you try.


To find out more about the Tea Tree range  visit www.thebodyshop.com.au or go in store.

These products were provided for my consideration

2 comments:

  1. I should really do a good steam for my face. It's been a very long time since I've done one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This range would probably not be the best for my more mature and thus dry skin, however it would be perfect for my teenage daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!