Friday, 12 June 2015

REVIEW: IMMORTELLE RANGE BEAUTY MUST-HAVES FROM L'OCCITANE


I first came to know the L'occitane brand when I was living in the UK back in 2001. I became obsessed with anything citrus and couldn't help buying almost the entire range, decking out my bathroom so whenever you walked in it had an amazing aroma as well as a sense of luxury.

It was around this time that the Immortelle range was launched but I didn't discover it until recently.
History of Immortelle
Immortelle is a type of flower. It is from the sunflower family. Its latin name is Helichrysum and is derived from the Greek helios meaning "sun" and "gold," and is known as the plant that never fades.

This plant is native to South Africa, Northern Africa, Western Asia and SE & SW Europe. It grows on dry, rocky or sandy ground and along mountainsides.
The Immortelle flower that is used in L'occitane's range is that it grows on the island of Corsica. The reason behind the selection is because it is out of reach from everything leaving it pure.



Immortelle Oil Makeup Remover RRP $48
This silky, cleansing oil gently lifts away makeup and dirt without drying out the skin. Enriched with immortelle essential oil, it helps to visibly smooth the skin while removing impurities. For best results apply dry to skin, massage, and rinse.

I have been using the makeup remover for around four weeks. The scent is barely detectable. The texture is thick but light-weight at the same time. The skin around my eyes are less irritated and red when I remove my makeup. The rim around my eye lids tend to get red and sensitive whenever I remove my makeup but after using the Immortelle my skin not only is less irritated but looks and feels cleaner and clearer. This stuff is amazing especially for stubborn makeup like smudge proof mascara and water resistant make-up.



Immortelle Intense Cleansing Foam RRP $44
Enriched with organic immortelle floral water and sunflower seed oil, this ultra-rich cleansing foam lathers to a dense texture to gently purify the face, unclogging pores and traces of makeup, for clean and fresh skin. Suitable for all skin types and can be used morning and night.

The foam pump is like a shaving foam can and dispenses and looks the same.  Its moussy appearance lathers up quite nicely when you add water and cleanse the face.  


It feels so luxurious and the scent is inviting as you inhale it in whilst cleansing.  It is definitely different from other cleansers and an experience I want each and every time I cleanse my skin.  My skin felt soft without feeling dry.




Immortelle Precious Mist RRP $23
An alcohol free mist enriched with immortelle floral water and soothing chamomile oil, this refreshing, ultra-light mist gives skin a much-needed hydration boost as it helps moisturise and revitalise the face. Perfect for any time of the day for instant hydration.

I have this at my desk at work and use it daily. With winter upon us and the heating indoor intensifies, I find my skin is a lot more dehydrated than normal. When I go to the bathroom I noticed my cheeks in the mirror to be redder than normal and since spraying the mist on a daily basis I found my skin is a lot more calmer and the redness reduced. The scent is really subtle, which is a big plus for me.



Precious BB Cream RRP $50
This multi-purpose formula will assist in concealing uneven skin tone and blemishes and brightens dull skin. Whilst it smooths the skin the signs of stress and fatigue appear softened. It also helps to protect skin against damaging effects of photo-ageing.

I have been using the BB cream almost everyday for four weeks. I am fair olive skin and the colour I'm currently using is Pale - Fair. This has replaced my foundation and concealer. It covers my blemishes easily, giving me a flawless appearance. It has SPF 30 and is surprisingly lightweight. It goes well with my current moisturiser.

The BB comes in three shades 01 Fair, 02 Light, 03 Medium.

Overall, I loved the Immortelle range.  The scent, texture and experience on my skin are all very positive.  I can feel that premium natural ingredients are used in these products. I enjoyed the feeling my skin felt during and after using the products.

Immortelle range is available online at au.loccitane.com, David Jones and at selected pharmacies. For a stockist near you visit their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!