Friday, 29 May 2015

MY LATEST MINI HAUL FROM MECCA, SEPHORA & MORE

It has been a while since I went on a beauty shopping spree.  I've been very good this year only buying what I actually need here and there.  But I really miss the excitement and thrill I get when I come across a new brand/product or discover a brand that I have never used before.

In the last couple of months I have had several mini hauls from Mecca Cosmetica and Sephora.  Once again I got that adrenalin excitement when I have the product in my hand and walk it over to the registers. Oh and not to forget several other miscellaneous purchases from eBay and Hairhouse Warehouse visit. 

Whenever I buy something new I display it on my dresser for about a week or so and then when it's not so new I remove the packaging, look at it and start using it.  I don't do it with all products, there are some that I need and want to try and buy and use immediately.

I've heard of Frederic Malle parfums but never tested, tried or purchased.  I thought it was time to sit down and test all of Mecca's fragrances and see what's on offer.

After half and hour of fragrance sniffing, I chose a travel set of three called 'En Passant', meaning 'in passing'. Composed by Olivia Giacobetti.  En Passant is an impressionistic fragrance. A creation that captures the beauty of this scent with a few orange leaves, cucumber and wheat shyly accompanying this sublimated impressionist smell of nature. A radiant and serene perfume.  I've never smelt anything like it and would instantly say it's my favourite of the moment.

These mini refill packs are new to the Mecca fragrance range.  Three mini sprays at 10ml each, at $124.

$124.00 at Mecca Cosmetica


Tocca eau de Parfum was inspired by the Mediterranean seductress Cleopatra,  captivating the senses. A fresh fragrance with top notes of Grapefruit, Lush Greens and Cassis Bud.  On my skin the scent slightly changes after a few minutes with Jasmine and peachy tone coming through as well as a hint of vanilla.

Perfect for travelling, or for the handbag, this gorgeous bottle is so vintage looking, I love it and seriously thinking of buying a few more but different fragrances.

The purse size spray is a 30ml and costed me $35. 

$35.00 at Mecca Cosmetica

When my cousin Beatrice, from France came to stay, she had Collistar products in her toiletry bag. 

Being the curious George I am, I excitedly and asked her about it.  Collistar has been in Italy's number one brand for over 12 years.  She was using several body care products that she swears by works.  I was instantly intrigued and googled the brand.  First thing I realised, why isn't it in Australia?  There are no distributors or online stores that ship to Australia except on eBay.  Strangely enough the seller was in Australia.  

I have just recently starting using it and will let you know of the results.  So far I have been forgetting to use it religiously each night so I have to be more consistent to be able to see results.

$110 on eBay

Collistar products aren't cheap, this one set me back $110 on eBay. It is an intensive abdomen and hip treatment with plant stem cells to aid in reducing fat and cellulite in the area.  My cousin swears by it and says it works along with their other products and worth the money. 

Since I was on a roll at Mecca Cosmetica, I drifted over to the Chanel counter to peruse their lippies. It has been a while since I bought a lippy so I purchased a lipstick from the Rouge Coco range.  It's a colour I don't have in my lippy collection so I wanted to try something different, perfect for winter. 

Reason for choosing Misia, Chanel's latest fragrance release is called Misia and thought it was fitting piece to add to my ever growing collection.  It's colour is described as orange copper, a medium orange colour with warm undertones and a soft, frosted finish. It has a semi-opaque colour coverage and you can have a more intense look the more you apply.

This one set me back $50.00.

$50 at Chanel Counter

Several weeks back I met a hairdresser from QLD at a function and he told me about this product he his clients swear by called Color Wow Root Cover Up.  I currently have two different products that I use to cover up my regrowth in between salon visits and was super intrigued with this one so I went online and researched it, found a stockist, called them and got them to hold it for me. I purchased this at Hairhouse Warehouse for $49.95.

I haven't tried it yet as I have just had my hair coloured but will report back on what I think. 


$49.95 at Hairhouse Warehouse

Well, this was my favourite purchase.  I eagerly waited until it was available at Sephora and then I was in the day it was released just in case they sold out.  I previously had my nails done in this colour a while back at a launch and the colour was simply stunning.  I'm not much of a fan of light nail colour but the hues were beautiful complementing my hands and nails.  A colour well-thought by Victoria Beckham ensuring that it will be suitable for all.  

I also was super impressed by the quality and durability of this product.  After 6 days of having my nails done, I did not have one single chip or scratch on my nails. this is truly impressive as I haven't achieved that durability with any other brand except for gels.

At $35, I really think its worth every cent.

$35.00 at Sephora



This is a necessity of mine. Recently running out of make-up remover, I wanted to try something different. So popped into Priceline and browsed the La Roche-posay range.  already familiar with their range as I use it on my son.  Their make-up remover, removes make-up safely, effectively and without rubbing for people with sensitive eyes. Fragrance-free and preservative-free, packaged in sterile single doses, these are also perfect for your handbag and travel.

There are 30 5ml vials.  Purchased for $29.99 at Priceline.

$29.99 at Priceline

Recently I walked in to Chemist Warehouse for a prescription and whilst I was waiting I browsed through the isles, oh how much I missed doing this.  I got a basket and started filling it up.  When I realised my arm was about to drop off I realised I had stocked full my basket without realising it.  So I went around and returned most of them and only kept these three products.

$7.99 ea at Chemist Warehouse

$9.99 at Chemist Warehouse

I use Milky Foot regularly as they have provided exceptional results every single time.  I have never seen this brand before nor have I heard of it.  Just pure curiosity I purchased all three and will be trying them out and see how good they are.  I will be doing a review on the Foot Peel in the near future.  I'm curious as to how effective they are considering the price is 3 times cheaper than their competitor. 

I would really like to know what your latest beauty haul was and what your favourite item is out of the lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!