Friday, 5 December 2014

BRAND FOCUS: PURETOPIA HAIRCARE + SKINCARE - A NATURAL ALTERNATIVE

Puretopia have been around for three and half years and have an impressive range of products, all created, designed & manufactured in Australia under stringent quality standards.  As well as being an Australian brand it is also made from natural ingredients with no nasties.

I like to think I take really good care of my skin, hair and body so it is important to be selective on products that you use regularly.  As I love to swim a lot, the chlorine affects the condition of my hair and dries out my skin.  In my swim bag the products pictured below are used on myself and my son.

HAIRCARE RANGE




At home I have my own regime for skin, hair and body but at the pools I use a range of different products to help take out the nasties that the chlorine puts in. I like using sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner and finish off with hair mask.  By the time I get home my hair has dried naturally and feels amazing.  The only thing I need to do is straighten it and style.


BODY RANGE



I love using the body polish, it rids of chlorine on the skin without drying the skin. Its gentle yet effective.

The mist contains Aloe, Witch Hazel, Vitamin C, Mandarin, Orange & Lime which smells divine and is so good for the skin. It can be used everyday especially in an air conditioned office without it affecting your makeup or like me on crowded public transport when your feeling hot and bothered.

The face mist is perfect to sooth any irritations and dryness caused by the chlorine. It refreshes my skin and tones it. I do not moisture until I get home though.


SKINCARE




I love the Purify & Revive Deep Cleansing Clay Mask. It is of medium consistency and feels moisturising, not like your typical clay mask.

Clay mask is best used in the evening as it stimulates the skin and can make you look a little flush. This is what I experienced when using the clay mask. By the morning my skin is soft, supple and feels really clean without the dry feeling. I use this twice a week to rid of any impurities on the skin. 

It contains Rosehip, Shea and Niacinamide to help smooth, firm and clear out congestion from the skin. Niacinamide has anti-inflammatory properties which combined with the moisturising nature of Rosehip Oil and Shea Butter helps leave skin feeling fresh. There is a subtle scent of Geranium, Rose and Lavender which smells divine.

I like the Whisk Away Creamy Face Cleanser. it has a thick white cream consistency. It lathers nicely without being foamy. I find this product perfect in winter when my skin is a little more drier than normal but found it not as effective as a gel or foaming cleanser. I like my skin to feel squeaky clean. This product is suitable for all skin types especially if you are more on the drier side.

The Smooth & Renew Gentle Exfoliating Face Scrub is a cloudy clear gel like with super-fine granules. The scent is light, citrusy and quite subtle.

While my skin felt very smooth after using this scrub, it did feel just a little bit dry.

I wouldn’t use this daily, except perhaps when my t-zone is extremely oily, but 2-4 times a week is just right for my skin. If you have oilier skin you can probably get away with using this more often, but if you have drier skin I’d recommend using it twice a week at most.

All these products are perfect for any hair and skin type and can be used whenever you want.



Andrea and Puretopia are widely available at all major pharmacies like Priceline and Chemist warehouse.  Check out Andrea and Puretopia's website for stockists in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!