Sunday, 26 January 2014

Bloggers BBQ - January 2014 Event

Another year another fab Bloggers BBQ. Perfect way to start the 2014.  Being super excited about some of the brands especially with a couple of them that I have worked with in the past, I was also excited to meet new brands that I would love to work with.

The first stand near the entrance, aaah my favourite brand Dyson.  Dyson has released yet another fab item, the Dyson Digital Slim™ DC59 vacuum. It's lightweight, cordless, and packs the same power as a main vacuum cleaner. With 20 minutes of powerful suction, the DC59 is light and easy to manoeuvre between high, low and hard to reach spaces. Of course I still love my Dyson DC44 but the DC59 sounds super amazing with so many new features like a more ergonomic handle for easier manoeuvring, lighter in weight, more suction and a smaller turbine head and all this noticeable changes from just playing with it for 5 minutes.


Our next stop was a bit of a problem. Once my son plonked his bum on the seat and explored their new latest and greatest release the Nintendo 2DS and their bigger and better 3DS XL, we were stuck here for a good 30 minutes, I was very tempted to leave him there and wander off but I knew as soon as he realised that I disappeared he would probably go outside looking for me and then I would be one very unhappy mum, missing a child! With some bribing and negotiating I was able to peel him away from this station and promised that we would revisit it at the end.



Cenovis, well, this stand was interesting, first impression were vitamins, yes I was correct.  Master Josh jumped in immediately and starting sampling the gummie bears and commenting and making weird sounds like he was on Master Chef or some reality TV show.  His facial expression were dramatic.  He was having a ball and I was very surprised he actually liked the vitamins as he isn't one to take them.

Gastrolyte part of the Cenovis umbrella introduced the new ready to eat Jelly-Ice Blocks. There is no need to chill or freeze Gastrolyte Jelly-Ice Blocks before eating (you can if you have time to wait!) which makes them ideal for parents who want to rehydrate their children quickly from dehydrating illnesses such as diarrhoea, vomiting, fever, colds and flu's. They come in two flavours, strawberry and orange.


Mmmm, I really liked this stand, I am a bit of a beauty fanatic and to come across some delish smelling masks, I was instantly won over. Essenzza Japanese Facial Treatment Masks are simple to use and easy to remove – less messy than a traditional face mask allowing you time to relax and rejuvenate your skin.

What is amazing about these masks is that you are able to put it on and still walk around the house and do whatever and it won't slide off!







Perfect pit stop to top up our water bottles. Cleansui is a market-leading water filtration brand in Japan, providing a premium 3-stage filtering process which removes impurities as small as 0.1 micron from your drinking water.

They had a variety of different products that are suitable for the work, home or even outdoors.  From DIY tap filter, to full installation style filter and jugs for the fridge.




I love Russell Hobbs. I reckon everyone has at least one item in their kitchen that is a Russell Hobbs. They design the nicest kettles and toasters just to name a couple.  My fave on display were the kettles, I loved the purple one but realistically the cream coloured one will match my Nespresso machine.

Staying true to its heritage, today Russell Hobbs boasts an impressive product portfolio from kettles and toasters to cooking, food preparation, cleaning and garment care. Continuously striving to deliver quality products that are not only intuitive and easy to use, Russell Hobbs appliances such as the elegant Kitchen Metallics Collection also act as a statement piece of their own on the bench top and in the home.



Remington had a mini hair makeover stand to either curl or straighten our locks.  Waiting to get my hair straightened was fab, I have to admit I own a very old dinosaur of a hair straightener and I try to avoid using it because it has been burning my hair.  I have been on the hunt for a new one but since I purchased mine 9 years ago there were only a few brands and types on the market and today there are hundreds and I am overwhelmed with choice and lack of information, leaving me not knowing what I need and want for my hair.  After experiencing the Remington hair straightener I was very surprised at its effectiveness and no smelling of burnt hair!



George Foreman had grilled pineapple for sampling which was totally delish and done on the Health Grill! Who would of thought. I only used my very old one (hint hint) for meat, chicken and fish. I never thought about grilling fruit or even veges like capsicum, yum. I am feeling hungry now!

Another fab product on show from George Foreman was the Mix and Go. A personal blender to help us peeps prepare & include more fresh ingredients in our diet. What is different about the Mix and Go is that you put all your fruit and vege in the container, screw on the blade, place it in the blender part and when its all whizzed and smoothied up you remove the blade and screw on a lid and off you go! Its awesome. They were making amazingly delicious smoothies I kept going back pretending to be somebody else!







Another favourite pit stop was Nads. Providing a helpful service to tidy up once again neglected eyebrows.

Nads also displayed several of their other products including Nitwits and the ever so naughty Wyld. Vitamins to increase sexual desire, mmmm, curious and I will try them!


A big shout out THANKS to Steggles for putting a wonderful lunch for all bloggers and their families.  I have never had turkey in so many varieties before.  Another white meat to add to our diets.  It was so delish, with a fussy son, even he didn't know it was something he has never eaten before!

Turkey has a number of nutritional benefits and can help form part of a healthy and well balanced diet and lifestyle. The products are high in protein and low in fat, with mince and breast fillets awarded the Heart Foundation Tick. 



There were many other fab brands like RAMS, Real Insurance & ASG. All offering valuable information about their products and services.

RAMS not only offer affordable home loans but also competitive high interest online savings and transaction accounts to help customers save more and pay off their home loan faster.  They are were 2014 Bloggers BBQ sponsors.  Thank you.

Real Insurance offers value for money, simple and easy to understand insurance products to protect you and your family.

For almost 40 years, the Australian Scholarships Group (ASG) has supported over 300,000 families offset the cost of their children’s education. But now we’re moving towards offering more than just education funds. ASG will partner with parents to help nurture their children along their education journey through a wide range of resources, online tools and guides so they can reach their full potential.

Kids Business donated $10 to TLC for kids on behalf of every blogger that attended. It was rewarding to know me and every other blogger that attended, contributed to this worthy organisation.

TLC for kids™ is Australia’s sole provider of immediate distraction and urgent relief for all children in hospitals and their families, nation-wide.

Administered only by hospital and clinical professionals who refer families in need of assistance, TLC’s services (including the TLC Distraction™ Box and RAPID TLC) work to minimise the emotional, logistical or financial distress of any medical situation for children and their families, without having to wait.

TLC for kids support sick children who have fallen through the gaps of the existing healthcare network – subsequently being used in over 400 hospitals across Australia, and in over 650,000 medical examinations and procedures, annually.



Thanks once again Kids Business for making my day fun and allowing our family to attend this time round. It is so much more fun sharing it with the fam.

For more information about all the brands that I have mentioned and exhibited at the Bloggers Brunch, click on their link below.






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!