Sydney International Spa & Beauty Expo 2013

When: 25 & 26 August 2013
Where: Darling Harbor Exhibition Centre

The Sydney International Spa & Beauty Expo is the most anticipated beauty event of the year.  I have been counting down the days to attend.  I have never been to one before and I was over the moon when I received my media pass to explore, play and experience.

There were over 260 exhibitors with several zones to chill out - Medi Spa,Wellness, new Business and Meet the expert zones. Since my sense of direction couldn't save me even in a two door room, I had to place my bearings and try to see the whole expo from one end to the other.  Obviously this did not happen, I kept going off track as I saw favourite brands in all directions and before I knew it I was way off track.

Every exhibitor had the latest products, treatments, ideas and equipments. Demonstrations took place at every corner including knowledge games, prize giveaways, lucky draws and plenty samples to take away to try.  The best of all is that I was able to purchase many loved products and new brands that I have never heard of or tried before. 

I purchased a few OPI packs for birthday gifts for girlfriends. Bought several of the Ruby Wing colour changing nail polish for nieces and I purchased Scars and Stripes from Beaute Pacifique, apparently a miracle cream to fade away scars and reduce aggravation on scar tissue so I'm very excited to try this one.

These are my favourite buys

It was all overwhelming that I realised I had been wondering, talking, listening and testing for 4 hours and I had not started buying yet.  So I set myself around again attempting to find the exhibitors that I was after.

My favourite stalls were Morgan Taylor, Ruby Wing, OPI (do you see a pattern?), You by Sia, Dermaquest, Beauty Pacifique, Synergy of Solutions, 3D skintech and many others.

Medical Formulations stall was a beauty.  There were these freaky looking 'Halloween Jason-like' masks, with blue and red lights staring at me.  A new technology from Italy would give omnilux a run for it's money.  With less time on the face and a better result, even I would brave this mask.


I had such an enjoyable day that I was sad to leave.  I did not feel I experienced everything, there was so much I wanted to do but have no idea how big this expo was.  I will be fully prepared for next year and can't wait to attend at its new venue on Glebe Island Peninsula.  Dates are already in my diary!

Comments