Sunday, 7 July 2013

Pitango Organic Soup Review




Being in the middle of winter we are only half way through this icy wintry season and it's still getting colder each day. Its definitely too cold to cook! Rugged up in jumpers and scarves who can cook with layers on and I will not take them off. The thing is I have to cook nutritious meals as I have a family to feed so those peanut butter sandwiches for dinner are a no no.

Well, the heavens opened up for me with pity and handed me a delicious ready made soup in a bag. I like making my own soups.  From experience the ready made soups I've tried in the past were not so great some with freeze dried veges floating around so when I tried Pitango brand of soup I was super excited and surprised how delicious and fresh their soups tasted.

Without saying I word I prepared dinner and table.  My son and hubby ate the soup with garlic bread with no questions whether I cooked it or bought it. So there you have it. When we had all finished our dinner he complimented on my cooking and wanted to know what inspired me to create something different.


I pulled out the bag and showed my hubby the soup.  He was equally surprised as me at the quality of the soup especially that it had generous chunks of vegetables and quinoa. 

While its naturally gluten-free, this vegetarian combination of tomato, sweet potato, potato, carrot, celery, onion, broccoli, peppers, garlic and of course, quinoa this delicious nutritious meal could easily be eaten on a daily basis.  (I could have bikini body in no time, ready for the warmer days).

I love the packaging, its easy to store in the fridge and easy to open and heat for a meal, ready in less than 10 minutes (including table preparation).

We are hooked on Pitango soups.  These can be found in the chiller section of Coles and Woolworths.  Prices are between $7.00 - $8.00 a bag. A super cheap meal for the family.

I was in Coles tonight to find out more about these soups and only found 4 other flavours, there are 17 varieties in the range.  I will have to hunt them down at a larger supermarket and try them all out. 


To find out more about the Pitango range go to their website here.

My overall rating - 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there gorgeous! Thanx for your contribution to my blog, truly appreciate your support!