Clear Complexions Sydney Store opening



WHEN: Tuesday, 12th March at 6.30pm
WHERE: Clear Complexions Clinic, 2A Rowntree Street Balmain, Sydney.


I was invited to attend the opening of Clear Complexions by Commonwealth Bank Women in Focus.

In 2005 Clear Complexions started out in the ACT with three clinics.  Since their inception the clinics have developed a reputation for bringing cutting edge technology to clients in Canberra and now in 2013 in Sydney.

Clear Complexions Clinics are staffed entirely by skilled skin care nurse.  In recent times we have become desensitised to how potentially dangerous beauty treatments can be in inexperienced hands.  All treatments that effect change in the skin should be conducted by a qualified medical staff to ensure client's safety.  All their nurses undertake independent certification in Laser and IPL and are amongst the most experienced technicians in Australia.

Before any treatment is recommended, a skin assessment first takes place at your initial consultation.  This is very important as not everyone is suitable for certain treatments, just like IPL hair removal, the darker the hair the more effective.

My first impressions when I first walk into the clinic is that it's fresh, approachable and exciting.

It was an intimate gathering, with personal guided tours around the clinic rooms with a short spiel on each treatment and all my questions answered about each treatment.

With some delicious canapes and champagne floating around I unfortunately had to stick to sparkling as I was driving (damn).

There were several guest speakers.  Janine Garner - Little Black Dress Group introduced Suzie and Karen James - GM Affiliate Business Banking spoke for Women in Focus.

 



Suzie Hoitink, owner and winner of the Telstra Business Women's Awards 2012 (ACT Winner) shared her story of struggle with her own skin and recognised a need in the community for a medical approach to everyday skin issues such as sun damage, rosacea, acne and scarring.

Richard Parker

Richard Parker, Cosmetic Chemist and Founder of Rationale Skincare, flew in from Melbourne to give a speech.  He was so passionate about is products that you could feel his energy in the room.

Rationale's groundbreaking isotropic formulating technology means perfect synergy between formulation and the skin. Active ingredients delivered to precisely where they need to go.   Rationale is also not tested on animals.  The only skin they test on is human skin.   For starters, Rationale is endorsed and prescribed by Australia's leading Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons. Available at only the very best medical practices and skin clinics, the full Rationale range is proudly  available at all Clear Complexions Clinics and online.

Before we left we were given a goodie bag and I totally loved the contents, including Rationale's ultra hydrating Molecular Water – which delivers a megadose of Electrolytes, moisture-binders and high molecular weight ‘heavy water’ to instantly calm and rehydrate dry, sensitive skin.

Included a $100 voucher

There was a voucher in the bag that I was able to use against a consultation, which I took that offer up.  I made an appointment for the following week and had a Facial Assessment Report done with a machine called Reveal. A high tech facial imaging system. with exclusive RBX Technology helps visualize the unique colour signatures of red and brown skin components, enabling skin care professionals to provide clear and meaningful client communications.  You cannot get more accurate than that!

I was horrified to see the images of what 'I thought' my skin looked liked in really bad shape but apparently it was the complete opposite.  The images are quite confronting but I was happy to know that all those years of taking really good care of my skin has really paid off.  I did however have issues with broken capillaries on my cheeks and nose, which I was recommended to undertake two types of treatments Genesis Laser and Excel Laser.  Both, I would be very happy to do as I was aware of my capillaries issues but have always been too scared to try anything, afraid of being burnt.

Below is the photo of my assessment.

Slight pigment on the eye lids and upper lip, was told it was more likely due to hormonal

I was also given a sample pack of Rationale products that were recommended for my skin.

Niacinamide Serum, Skin refining Serum & Reactivating night cream

When I do commence these treatments I will be taking before and after shots so you can see the progress of my skin.

x
BM



Comments